The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Model Is This Waterman?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 prslmt

prslmt

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:14

Hello all, I am new to this forum.

I would like to know the model of this Waterman fountain pen.

All I know is that it is from 1970s.

Also, this pen is missing its converter.

It will be great to know which converter can be used with this pen.

Thank you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by prslmt, 07 December 2017 - 11:19.

Sponsored Content

#2 sanesangowdayya

sanesangowdayya

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:28

That looks like a waterman c/f and was introduced in the 50's. It wasn't the first cartridge pen but it was one of the more successful early cartridge pens. Unfortunately waterman doesn't make the cartridges anymore so you can either buy an old squeeze converter (pricy) or try and hunt down a dry cartridge and refill it with a needle syringe.

Edited by sanesangowdayya, 07 December 2017 - 11:31.

#3 Joane

Joane

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:33

Cartridges may still be available. A local pen store was able to order some from Waterman last year. I got one; it was pretty pricy, though, in the $20 range. Still and all, I felt it was worth it.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

#4 prslmt

prslmt

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:58

Thank you all for the information!

#5 sanesangowdayya

sanesangowdayya

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 13:15

You can try to buy a used waterman c/f on ebay that is pictured with its dry cartridge, that would be around $20-$30. I got my waterman c/f with cartridge for $10 so it's not impossible

#6 KennethMoyle

KennethMoyle

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 17:26

What a gorgeous pen!  Sounds like it will be a bit fussy, getting it into use, but definitely worth it for something a handsome as that.

---
Kenneth Moyle
Hamilton, Ontario

#7 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 18:47

I have a few of these C/Fs and I really enjoy them.  I rec'd a box of cartridges with one and I've been refilling them as I go along.  No problems.  The pens are generally very lovely and I've never had a hard starter -- even after leaving them alone for a few days.

Edited by Shannon, 10 December 2017 - 18:47.

Ink samples to trade:  Levenger (Smokey, Blue Bahama, Always Greener, Skies of Blue, Fireball, Pinkly, Gemstone Green, Cobalt Blue, Raven Black, Cardinal Red, Cocoa, Amethyst); J. Herbin (Lie de The, Emerald de Chivor, Storm Grey, Rouge Hematite); Diamine (Purple Pazzazz, Bilberry, Ancient Copper, Blue Black, Indigo, and Damson); Sailor (Tokiwa-matsu, Souten); and Chesterfield (Antique Yankee, Night Sapphire, Antique Raven, Antique Walnut, Archival Black, Antique Jade)

Looking for: surprise me!

Sponsored Content

|