The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Why Is The Converse Or Verso Page Of Every Pad Or Notebook Better To Write On?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lurcho

lurcho

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:38

Seriously.

- Rhodia Bloc pads.

- Black n Red, or any Oxford/Campus/Optik paper.

- Everything else.

it's true, isn't it?!

The OTHER side side takes fountain-pen ink better than the first side.

Why don't they just turn them round?

One of these days, I'm going to show you ungrateful geezers how I overcame this life-wrecking inconvenience by carefully removing every single sheet of a Rhodia Bloc No 14 notebook, hole-punching them together with their cardboard rear and gorgeous front, and reassembling them with two stand-alone binder rings at the top.

It's basically an irrational waste of time, but you get to use the verso side of each page first, or exclusively.

I'm fifty-three, you know.

Edited by lurcho, 07 December 2017 - 02:46.

Sponsored Content

#2 mitto

mitto

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,644 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:48

I sometime notice the same. But I use both the sides.
Khan

#3 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:58

Reading on my phone, the thread title is cut off so I don't know what the question is.

#4 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,889 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 22:10

On all papers there is an A and B side...............on typewriter papers there is a A and a :( F side..........they only coated one side of typewriter papers. Only typed on one side.

As far as I can tell, both sides do a good enough job....one can write on the back if the bleed through is not too bad.

- Black n Red, or any Oxford/(Campus?)/Optik paper.

Clairefontaine 90g Velout` is one of some 30 or so inks better than the Oxford Optic 90g.

I have both in a spiral notebook and am happy with them.

Oxford Optic is also available in Spain. :thumbup:

I do strive to get some good to better paper with every three inks................somehow I've managed to avoid Rhoda and Clairefontaine Triumph...... :headsmack: :gaah: :wallbash:....Stupid thinks like pens show up.

As often as not I end up chasing some heavy paper....Don't have Verge` de France in 90g....have it in 160.

Gmund Beige Blanc, 170g is almost perfect....cost me quite a bit....yacht paper....if you got to ask, you can't afford it. The 120G of the same is perfect. I liked the feeling of the heavy paper more.....next time...well at E40 not counting postage....I'll have to buy a smaller yacht.   

Well all 100-50% cotton will not shade well........not even the 125 g Velin pur Coton.....and "knowing better" don't know why I ended up with three packages of it. :unsure: And none of 90g.

The M&K papers...three of them are good. (typewriter paper is 95G).......and mailing from Germany is not expensive to England right now..................Do Not Buy any other Brunner papers.....had my printer not been old and on it's last legs....I'd shoved the 120g Buetten paper with ( 'deckle-edged/patterned edge ) into the printer and I expect Butten paper to be good..... :crybaby: .... :wacko:

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

Due to Mauricio's improved definition of Super-flex, I try not use the term Easy Full Flex, but fail...sigh.

Semi-flex is an “almost” flex; not a ‘flex’ nib. It is great for regular writing with a touch of flair. It can give you some fancy; but it is not made for real fancy writing. For bit more of that get a maxi-semi-flex. Both spread tines 3X.  Those are not "Flex" nibs. 

Wider than Normal does not exist. Wider than Japanese does. Every company has it's very own standard + slop/tolerance. Developed from the users of it's pens and inks only; not the users or inks of other companies pens. The size you grind a nib to, is your standard only. Paper and ink matter to nib width. Thank god for 1/2 sizes or it would be boring.

#5 MHBru

MHBru

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:31

Can't say that I ever noticed that but write recto only. Seems like the easiest solution is simply turn your notebook upside down. The verso pages will now be on the right side. :)

Sponsored Content

|