Lamy Usa Sales

jjlax10

now 70 percent off Lx fountain pens, i.e. $21 a pop

Thank you very much, Peterb... a gold LX Broad and a palladium LX Medium are on their way to yours truly... with FREE shipping... $42 Total! :D

- Anthony

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• MYU

• zaddick

• jjlax10

So the current Lamy sale on the LX pens ends on Feb. 22. I have my order in - $21 for a fancy AlStar is a good enough deal for me.

I wonder what the new sale will be after the 22nd?

Hoping for an 80% off sale on everything - I'd pick up a Lamy 2K Black Amber if I could get one for $590 less 80% ($118).

Kind regards,

vieuxcarre

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

------------------------------

70% is the biggest I have seen so far, and that was only on certain pens and inks. For the rest they had 60% off a few times.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

So the current Lamy sale on the LX pens ends on Feb. 22. I have my order in - $21 for a fancy AlStar is a good enough deal for me.

I wonder what the new sale will be after the 22nd?

Hoping for an 80% off sale on everything - I'd pick up a Lamy 2K Black Amber if I could get one for $590 less 80% ($118).

I got a black amber at 60% off, and it was definitely worth it at that price. 80% off they would be sold out in seconds.

New sale is 50% off everything. Snagged a Studio and another Lamy 2000, $100 each. Btw, the description on the Studio is wrong. Its not the stainless steel nibbed model. L068 is the palladium and gold nibbed version, which matches the picture.

New sale is 50% off everything. Snagged a Studio and another Lamy 2000, $100 each. Btw, the description on the Studio is wrong. Its not the stainless steel nibbed model. L068 is the palladium and gold nibbed version, which matches the picture.

They only have Medium nibs available for the 2000. If they'd had a Fine I would have gotten my 2nd 2000.

Someone at my pen club meeting on Wednesday tipped me off that they weren't sold out of everything yet. So now I have a ruthenium LX with a medium nib on its way. Just got the tracking # this morning. At 70% off, it was cheaper than my Safari was! Okay, I didn't have a choice on nibs, but I don't mind it being an M. And if I decide I don't like the pen, I'm not out a lot of cash.
Of course it probably means that a converter needs to be added to my shopping list for the Baltimore Pen Show next weekend....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

They only have Medium nibs available for the 2000. If they'd had a Fine I would have gotten my 2nd 2000.

Im not a medium fan, either. But, I can manage. On cotton rag or laid paper, I find its nice to have a pen with a little broader nib. Also, it makes a nice base for a fine stub. At $100 you can still get a nibmeister to adjust it for you and still be out less than the price of a new one elsewhere. Even if you only use the pen for spare parts down the road, its a deal. Edited by Jezza

Im not a medium fan, either. But, I can manage. On cotton rag or laid paper, I find its nice to have a pen with a little broader nib. Also, it makes a nice base for a fine stub. At $100 you can still get a nibmeister to adjust it for you and still be out less than the price of a new one elsewhere. Even if you only use the pen for spare parts down the road, its a deal.

It's that I already have a 2000 with a Medium nib. You make a good point about getting one adjusted. If I wasn't waiting on delivery of 3 other pens (!) I would get it for that.

Spare parts? I've got a Lifetime Warranty for that.

For once I'm being frugal.... Just this once.

Hi Jezza, et al,

I don't get this... the only 2000 I've seen is the Black Amber edition for $600... half off that would be $300... I haven't seen ANY of the Makrolon versions. :unsure:

I did see the palladium Studio for $200, ($100 @ 50% off),... and I would have grabbed one of them for a c-note, but they only had EF left... and I don't like fine nibs. :(

- Anthony :unsure:

Someone at my pen club meeting on Wednesday tipped me off that they weren't sold out of everything yet. So now I have a ruthenium LX with a medium nib on its way. Just got the tracking # this morning. At 70% off, it was cheaper than my Safari was! Okay, I didn't have a choice on nibs, but I don't mind it being an M. And if I decide I don't like the pen, I'm not out a lot of cash.

Of course it probably means that a converter needs to be added to my shopping list for the Baltimore Pen Show next weekend....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Hi Ruth, et al,

Me, too.

All in all, this sale has been good by me...

3 bottles of Pacific for $3.25 each.

3 LX's for $21 each... too bad Rose Gold has been sold out... I would have the complete collection for a little more than the price of one, (I cracked and bought the Ruthinium[sp?] version yesterday).

1 blue safari and 1 charcoal safari for $37.

All with medium or broad nibs... so I'm basically happy...

...would have loved to score some of the higher end stuff... but it was pretty slim pickings. :(

- Anthony

Typo.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

When I looked earlier today they did have the Makrolon version with a medium nib.

Awhile ago I got an LX (Ruthenium) @ 70% off and at that time they only showed the Black Amber version of the 2000. I guess checking their stock frequently until gone might be the way to go.

And looking just now they show none of the Makrolons in stock. I wonder if they have more boxes and drawers to clear?

Edited by LanceSaintPaul

When I looked earlier today they did have the Makrolon version with a medium nib.

Awhile ago I got an LX @ 70% off and at that time they only showed the Black Amber version of the 2000. I guess checking their stock frequently until gone might be the way to go.

Hi LSP,

YES... frequent checks must be the way to go... maybe I'll snag a Mak L2K yet. :puddle:

- Anthony

EDITED to re-draft text.

Edited by ParkerDuofold

Hi Jezza, et al,

I don't get this... the only 2000 I've seen is the Black Amber edition for $600... half off that would be $300... I haven't seen ANY of the Makrolon versions. :unsure:

I did see the palladium Studio for $200, ($100 @ 50% off),... and I would have grabbed one of them for a c-note, but they only had EF left... and I don't like fine nibs. :(

- Anthony :unsure:

Yeah, the basic 2000 went quickand for $100 I understand why! I only saw it briefly after I ordered mine. You have to keep watching. Theyve had makrolons, been out, then posted more before.

Yeah, the basic 2000 went quickand for $100 I understand why! I only saw it briefly after I ordered mine. You have to keep watching. Theyve had makrolons, been out, then posted more before.

Hi Jezza,

Thanks for the response... I see... well, that explains it... I've only checked now and then... when I thought of it and had the time.

I'm not going to complain, though... I'm happy with what I was able to snag on the cheap. :D

(Of course, the businessman in me can't help but feel sorry for Filofax, but I won't dwell on that, either).

:)

- Anthony