The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Waterman Expert I Vs Ii

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Poetman

Poetman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 16:11

Im on the market for a Waterman Expert and am wondering if theres any consensus as to which model is preferred, Expert I or Expert II? I think Im familiar enough with their deiffernces (II is heavier, made from brass, nib on II is different). Is one version considered a better performer than the other?

Thanks all!

Sponsored Content

#2 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 18:49

I really enjoy all of the Expert models and I couldn't tell you that I have a preference.  The nib on the original Expert series looks pretty bad ass!

Ink samples to trade:  Levenger (Smokey, Blue Bahama, Always Greener, Skies of Blue, Fireball, Pinkly, Gemstone Green, Cobalt Blue, Raven Black, Cardinal Red, Cocoa, Amethyst); J. Herbin (Lie de The, Emerald de Chivor, Storm Grey, Rouge Hematite); Diamine (Purple Pazzazz, Bilberry, Ancient Copper, Blue Black, Indigo, and Damson); Sailor (Tokiwa-matsu, Souten); and Chesterfield (Antique Yankee, Night Sapphire, Antique Raven, Antique Walnut, Archival Black, Antique Jade)

Looking for: surprise me!

#3 Poetman

Poetman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 15:58

Any other differences people note? How about regarding nib performance?

Sponsored Content

|