First Twsbi, Looking For Advice.

PenInkPaperDraw

Perhaps you are right about the red dye, other experts say its something to do with them being highly saturated, I dont know.

I lent my Eco to my sister who filled it with Diamine Grape, I have washed it through 3 times and even flushed it with an APC, some of the stain remains but I dont want to remove the feed and nib every time to get it properly clean.

The thought occurs to me that the Diamine factory is close to the old cotton and textile towns of Englan, perhaps the pigment they are using is a connection to textile dyes.

I have asked Diamine for help and advice but dont expect to hear anything.

Its really disappointing, I wanted a clear and clean pen, I should a) not have lent the pen to sister and B) stayed with Parker inks.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prashant.tikekar

• BT_Summers

• PenInkPaperDraw

• IndigoBOB

Diamine Sapphire stains converters so I would assume a demonstrator would fare no better.

-k

It also ate the diaphragm in one of my Edison vacuum fillers and the sac in my Big Red Duofold ... so yeah. Not sure I'll ever finish that bottle.

Diamine Sapphire stains converters so I would assume a demonstrator would fare no better.

-k

It also ate the diaphragm in one of my Edison vacuum fillers and the sac in my Big Red Duofold ... so yeah. Not sure I'll ever finish that bottle.

Yes. I have used Diamine saffire blue in my Eco and it has given the section a purple tint. It is not visible till nib and feed is removed. Surprisingly barrel is not stained or got tint like section.

Yes. I have used Diamine saffire blue in my Eco and it has given the section a purple tint. It is not visible till nib and feed is removed. Surprisingly barrel is not stained or got tint like section.

....and you dont want to be removing the nib and feed on a regular basis.

I think people would come to the conclusion that a number of Diamine inks have the potential to stain clear plastic in a way that safer inks do not, such as Parker and Waterman.

Diamine also give the impression of not caring that their inks have caused damage and a reduction in value to customers pens, they do not respond to letters or emails.

• 1 month later...

My pen was stained with Diamine Majestic Blue, other people have said that they have had problems with Grape and certain reds. I would avoid all Diamine Reds, blues and purples in a clear plastic pen.

I had used Parker Blue and Black since the pen was new and the colour just washed through the pen, no staining, I filled up once with Diamine and the section became stained and the piston stuck solid. I asked Twsbi for help and they said it was because I had used a saturated ink in the pen, they would not honour the warranty on the pen, they said it was user error

I asked Diamine to comment/help and they just ignored me.

Thats the last Diamine ink I will use in a pen.

If TWSBI is not going to honor the warranty with certain inks, they really should say that upfront and name the inks. Otherwise...not cool. And maybe not legal.