The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mont Blanc Pix

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Petet63

Petet63

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:18

Hi all, it's been a while since my last visit but I rarely get anything worth asking about. This is a lack of confidence in my Knowledge but also worried I picked it up too cheap. This pen was in an auction lot So maybe it was overlooked or the CW on the pen top put people off. I think it is as genuine as they come but would appreciate any comments. The initials will affect resale I know but by how much?...unless I find a Chris Williams that is desperate for a pen..and is this a genuine Mont Blanc ?

Attached Images

• IMG_5325.JPG
  • IMG_5326.JPG
  • IMG_5327.JPG
  • IMG_5330.JPG
  • IMG_5332.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:47

Montblanc 145 Classique, I assume

#3 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:12

Re C.W. engraving: a 2 years ago I purchased 149 (piston rod broken) with an ugly, 3 words long engraving on the cap ..Since I am a coffee addict, every afternoon at coffee time, I soaked a  cotton cloth with a regular car polish, and started to polish up the cap, rolling it regularly. After 3-4 days, engraving vanished, no marks left. Initial price was a bargain indeed (around 100 EUR), cost for replacing the piston rod&service was around 50 EUR. The pen nib is F, tri-tone 18 C, single barrel, feeder is round ebonite, grooves face&shank, filler thread is black plastic threads. According to Dating 149 chart, it may be located somewhere between 1960-1965. I know that it's value is at least a double than I paid, but the "issue" here for me is a will to have a nice pen, not the money value.

If you do not dare to do the same, then visit a nearby jeweler or watchmaker, they may help you with the engraving. 

#4 Petet63

Petet63

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 20:54

Everything I try to 'sort out' becomes a lesson in not to do it again! The pen is in Very Good Condition as it is and it could be a candidate for polishing out or a spare top but that is the kind of thing I will leave to the next owner. Thanks for your time and all the help. Much Appreciated

#5 Petet63

Petet63

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 20:59

After having a quick look at the engraving I can see how polishing it out would work. It is not very deep at all. I still have reservations about doing it with my track record but if you don't mind I will mention the process in my listing as a possibility. Thanks again.

Sponsored Content

|