Montblanc - The Beatles - What Do You Think?

yeepers

The Beatles were nothing special. They were just a 60s boy band, and 99.9% of what creativity they did have came entirely from George Martin. Tthe Beatles could hardly even play their instruments well, let alone write decent music.

As for the Montblanc pens representing them, those are just gaudy, hideous, overdone, and tasteless. I really hope people don't waste their money on those things.

Your - dare I say novel - insight is certain to rectify the opinion of generations of benighted music critics and alert fans worldwide as to where credit for the groups' accomplishments properly rests. Aside from that, how does your perspective pertain to the fountain pen itself?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• Tom Kellie

• NicolausPiscator

• desidude02

Your - dare I say novel - insight is certain to rectify the opinion of generations of benighted music critics and alert fans worldwide as to where credit for the groups' accomplishments properly rests. Aside from that, how does your perspective pertain to the fountain pen itself?

Britney Spears(and others of such ilk) fans react similarly when I tell them that their 'music' really is not genius. They tell me that because she, Beatles, and others of that ilk were popular and world famous that they must be good. Sigh.

Both are overrated and overpriced.

Britney Spears(and others of such ilk) fans react similarly when I tell them that their 'music' really is not genius. They tell me that because she, Beatles, and others of that ilk were popular and world famous that they must be good. Sigh.

Both are overrated and overpriced.

Perhaps, but some of their songs sound nice to my ears.

Careful what you say. Don't give them any ideas, unless you want a Britney Spears pen coming out one day :D

Edited by max dog

• 2 weeks later...

I like the design beacause it is fancy and not normal with Montblanc - and yes maybe it looks like cheap - but that's understatment pur :-)

post-56114-0-63496400-1516637626_thumb.jpg

The 1969 edition is a great looking pen. The one element that was off putting to me is the raised union jack /crown piece. Something about it just felt off to me. I love the microphone touch and the nib is beautiful.

I cant wait to get my plain old colorful edition back, I miss the happy pen. OBB will be wonderfully fitting for the size/weight of the pen.

The 1969 edition is a great looking pen. The one element that was off putting to me is the raised union jack /crown piece. Something about it just felt off to me. I love the microphone touch and the nib is beautiful.

I cant wait to get my plain old colorful edition back, I miss the happy pen. OBB will be wonderfully fitting for the size/weight of the pen.

I think that has to be the ugliest pen I have ever seen. However that is what makes collecting pens great, we all like different things. Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked only one style of pen :)

Peter

I was also hoping for a different-looking pen for The Beatles, as I'd quite like to have had one for them but as you say, I'm sure this is someone else is cup of tea!!

I love the pen - has anyone an idea of a matching pouch for that pen ?

Enjoy your day

Best regards

I'm using the "Montblanc Extreme 2 Pen Pouch with Zip" to put the 2 pens (fountain and roller)

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/leather/111/146/111146/195728-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.500.500.png http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/leather/111/146/111146/195747-ecom-osis-sq-01.png.adapt.450.450.png

I'm using the "Montblanc Extreme 2 Pen Pouch with Zip" to put the 2 pens (fountain and roller)

http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/leather/111/146/111146/195728-ecom-retina-01.png.adapt.500.500.png http://www.montblanc.com/content/dam/mtb/products/leather/111/146/111146/195747-ecom-osis-sq-01.png.adapt.450.450.png

This is now one of my photo of the pen pouch and the 2 Beatles pens:

39167520144_1f6164f15f_b.jpg

I wonder what Paul or Ringo would think of these pens.

I would imagine that they're getting some licensing royalties from them - as would be the estates of the other two? (Wasn't there already a John Lennon pen released? Ker-ching!)

I'm enjoying the black nibs on some of the recent MB pens. But, other than that, I have to say that this pen leaves me cold.

It's horses for courses, of course. One person's meat etc etc ...

So congratulations to Cyrille and uniquesoultions, I'm pleased you're enjoying them.

Edited by CS388

(Wasn't there already a John Lennon pen released? Ker-ching!)

Jup! And the John Lennon (Yoko Ono-design) as as terrible as the Beatles (gumball machine design).

Jup! And the John Lennon (Yoko Ono-design) as as terrible as the Beatles (gumball machine design).

Sorry, but I desagree . Jhon Lennon Special Edition, Great Characters, is amazing, full of details...

The more photos I see of the pen the more I think it would go perfectly with my favorite outfit - you know the one with the big red nose, the oversized purple buttons, and the size 25 shoes.

Sorry, but I desagree . Jhon Lennon Special Edition, Great Characters, is amazing, full of details...

No problem! I'm glad that this is just a matter of personal taste...

No problem! I'm glad that this is just a matter of personal taste...

Diferent Taste is more accurated.....

Edited by Feamat

• 3 weeks later...

The more photos I see of the pen the more I think it would go perfectly with my favorite outfit - you know the one with the big red nose, the oversized purple buttons, and the size 25 shoes.

:lticaptd:

I'm thinking more of Max, the Blue Meanie....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."