Montblanc - The Beatles - What Do You Think?

yeepers

The clip is a deal-breaker for me. Moustaches on a fountain pen clip are a little repulsive.

I had a moustache for a few decades and finally shaved it off my face.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• Tom Kellie

• thygreyt

• NicolausPiscator

At the end of the day, you can never lose with a Mont Blanc FP, it all comes down to the nib... never owned a MB with a bad nib. As for the design it's all about taste.

I can't help but notice a correlation between a negative first reaction to a pen and several years later everyone yearning for that same pen (thinking of the pink Pelikan 600 and a couple others). I find this pen really fun. It would be much too heavy for me, but if it were Classique size and minus the mustache clip I'd probably buy it and use it.

Saw one in the flesh at the boutique today. It's not so bad actually. The stripes are more muted than in the pictures and looks good on the pen. The white 1963 looks even better.

fpn_1513319295__montblanc_beatles_1963.j

fpn_1513319638__montblanc_beatles_1963b.

The microphone cap looks cool I think.

Edited by max dog

Wohoo! Congratulations it looks amazing. I heard from Hamburg that the 1962 is totally sold out and that the special edition too is back-ordered for more production.

To appreciate this Special Edition Beatles pen, a little context is in order.

-This takes me back to high school watching this. Just lovely!

fpn_1513413476__montblanc_beatles_1.jpg

fpn_1513413509__montblanc_beatles_2.jpg

After watching this, I can see how the Montblanc designers came up with this design.

If you are a Beatles fan, I can see the appeal.

I am starting to like it.

Edited by max dog

The more I look at this pen the more it starts to grow on me. I really need to stay away from this forum .... Makes it hard for me to stick with my "no more pens until I sell my currently untouched/unused pens" rule 😖

Edited by 888007888

The more I look at this pen the more it starts to grow on me. I really need to stay away from this forum .... Makes it hard for me to stick with my "no more pens until I sell my currently untouched/unused pens" rule

Horrors!!!! Who on this forum would tell you such an awful rule??????????

The more I look at this pen the more it starts to grow on me. I really need to stay away from this forum .... Makes it hard for me to stick with my "no more pens until I sell my currently untouched/unused pens" rule

You can always tell us which untouched/unused pens are those! maybe one of us wants one of them :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Luis A.

Horrors!!!! Who on this forum would tell you such an awful rule??????????

+1 :D

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Curious to know what people thing about this new SE. Will you be adding this pen to your collection?

I do like the Color stripes esp. 2017. It may commorate to Sgt. Pepper Lonely Heat Club Band Album from 1967 (50 years ago).

But I also commemorate the APPLE II started in 1977 (40 years ago). when the Apple logo was also colorful ,and not monochrome as now.

Two reasons for me to like this pen.

regard kmik

This pen is a double prize-winner: Most Garish MB Pen of 2017 and Most Aesthetically Offensive MB Creation of the Year. Unfortunately, its release more-or-less coincides with the new and amazing version of "Sgt. Pepper" (available in 96kHz/24-bit FLAC format) which includes comprehensive alternate versions and out-takes...maybe the two counterbalance each other.

something wrong with me, if I like the limited edition the more I look at it? haha ...

I just ordered a limited JFK 1917 and I am thinking of reconsidering...my dealer showed me the 1969 and said he liked it more :)

Now...well...uff I don't know...It is really really different from all the other Montblancs to my opinion...

What should I do..argh decisions decisions :D

Initially i did not like at the first glance. However when i had it in my hands for some time , i somehow started to like it. Specially for the pen being so different because of the colors.

Hello everyone,

Happy new year, I wish for all have a lot of success in all the fronts and everyone can include in their collections that Montblanc that is in the wish list.

Personally, I think it's obvious that Montblanc, for a while now, has been designing his special and limited editions from the character he intends to honor, and not the other way around, as it was before, when he took a classic or historical design and used it for the character without more, for example Hemingway, Christie, Schiller, F.Scott.Fitzgerald, or else, it added some element of the character or writer that he wanted to homenage; for example, Dumas.

In the case of this year's Great Characters The Beatles, is a tribute to “The Beatles”, an iconic group, without a doubt one or the most important of contemporary music that has influenced countless senses. Of the discography of The Beatles, a fundamental disc is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, four Grammy’s, one of the most selling album in history, with its military costumes, cover, colorful, psychedelia, in short.

The edition of this year, seeks to reflect the 4 members of the band at that time, so it uses the whiskers they used, being different in each musician, is a way to link the edition to the 4 characters.

After that, each edition: the special, the limited and the artisans, uses more elements to that target, the stripes colors, the microphone, the VW registration, etc, to make it more special.

The viculation is great, The Beatles at the time were not classical, they were rupturists, foundational, alternative, Montblanc could not make a classic model paying tribute to them, he had to do something transcendent, different, "psychedelic", and that would pick up that personality.

This is the way, in my way of understanding, to see and interpret in general this edition, and especially the whiskers.

Regards,

Feamat

Hello everyone,

Happy new year, I wish for all have a lot of success in all the fronts and everyone can include in their collections that Montblanc that is in the wish list.

Personally, I think it's obvious that Montblanc, for a while now, has been designing his special and limited editions from the character he intends to honor, and not the other way around, as it was before, when he took a classic or historical design and used it for the character without more, for example Hemingway, Christie, Schiller, F.Scott.Fitzgerald, or else, it added some element of the character or writer that he wanted to homenage; for example, Dumas.

In the case of this year's Great Characters The Beatles, is a tribute to “The Beatles”, an iconic group, without a doubt one or the most important of contemporary music that has influenced countless senses. Of the discography of The Beatles, a fundamental disc is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, four Grammy’s, one of the most selling album in history, with its military costumes, cover, colorful, psychedelia, in short.

The edition of this year, seeks to reflect the 4 members of the band at that time, so it uses the whiskers they used, being different in each musician, is a way to link the edition to the 4 characters.

After that, each edition: the special, the limited and the artisans, uses more elements to that target, the stripes colors, the microphone, the VW registration, etc, to make it more special.

The viculation is great, The Beatles at the time were not classical, they were rupturists, foundational, alternative, Montblanc could not make a classic model paying tribute to them, he had to do something transcendent, different, "psychedelic", and that would pick up that personality.

This is the way, in my way of understanding, to see and interpret in general this edition, and especially the whiskers.

Regards,

Feamat

+1, I agree.