The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help Me Spot Year Of Manufacturing And Model!?

serial number montblanc

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 15:26

Dear friends,

Just got a Montblanc as a gift and serial number is MR3085407 is it possible to tell the year of manufacturing and model ?

​Thanking in advance, 

Sponsored Content

#2 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:07

Can U post some pictures, please? (One good picture replaces a thousand words...)

#3 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:19

Can U post some pictures, please? (One good picture replaces a thousand words...)

Absolutely!

Thanks!

Attached Images

• IMG_0060.jpg
  • IMG_0061.jpg

#4 torstar

torstar

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:32

http://www.fountainp...montblanc-149s/

one of the bets threads on here...

#5 TheRealMikeDr

TheRealMikeDr

The Great Schnauzer King

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:37

Looks to be a 146 - you'll need to show some close up shots of the feed for us to get a shot at the date.

#6 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:38

Hm, my humble "knowledge" if there is any, says: possible MB 146 (LeGrand?), Platinum line possibly (the picture looks to me too grey-blue-ish) and I cannot determine for sure, whether it's gold or platinum plating (trim) on the rings&clip. Nib also looks legit duo tone.

Anyway, real experts (which i am not!) here may give you more info on the pen.

Any closer determination requires a pic of the feeder (side and below). If it appears to be genuine, a writing sample would be appreciated.

#7 zaddick

zaddick

BROAD Side Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 20:38

Looks like a platinum plated 146. I can't recall how long they have made these, but several years at least.

#8 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:04

Here are more pics guys. Sorry, but they were taken with my iPhone and an incorrect white balance adjust  so they're yellowish when it's actually more to silver/platina color.

Attached Images

• IMG_0063.jpg
  • IMG_0064.jpg
  • IMG_0065.jpg
  • IMG_0066.jpg

#9 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:06

Looks to be a 146 - you'll need to show some close up shots of the feed for us to get a shot at the date.

Just posted above  :)

Edited by HegnerRJ, 05 December 2017 - 21:06.

#10 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:11

Hm, my humble "knowledge" if there is any, says: possible MB 146 (LeGrand?), Platinum line possibly (the picture looks to me too grey-blue-ish) and I cannot determine for sure, whether it's gold or platinum plating (trim) on the rings&clip. Nib also looks legit duo tone.

Anyway, real experts (which i am not!) here may give you more info on the pen.

Any closer determination requires a pic of the feeder (side and below). If it appears to be genuine, a writing sample would be appreciated.

Thank you so much! Just posted some pics...it seems is a 146.

#11 kuli1961

kuli1961

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 22:08

Thanks for the pen pics/writing sample

Yes, 146 Platinum line/plated. I have the same (purchased in January 2017 in Bolzano, Italy- genuine pen, box and papers, never inked, just dipped for testing), F size. Swap? Hardly, U're from Brasil (South America), I am from Bosnia (Europe, Balkans Peninsula) -customs (at least mine) will skin me!  :wacko:

Regards the feeder/ pen age- my knowledge does not go that far. Experts' opinion is inevitable.

Anyway, enjoy using this lovely pen!

#12 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 23:00

Thanks for the pen pics/writing sample

Yes, 146 Platinum line/plated. I have the same (purchased in January 2017 in Bolzano, Italy- genuine pen, box and papers, never inked, just dipped for testing), F size. Swap? Hardly, U're from Brasil (South America), I am from Bosnia (Europe, Balkans Peninsula) -customs (at least mine) will skin me!  :wacko:

Customs fees here are very high but I could ship anyway...the problem is your taxes there :(

Regards the feeder/ pen age- my knowledge does not go that far. Experts' opinion is inevitable.

Anyway, enjoy using this lovely pen!

Thank you for your kind reply.

Best,

#13 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:08

It looks like a platinum plated Meisterstück 146 although I originally wondered if it could have been a 147 because I couldn't see the ink view window. I'm on my laptop though and the screen is smaller.

I assume you've filled it from a bottle so you know it's a piston filler. I wish my unused EF nib was a M.  :unsure:

I don't think they manufactured them as platinum plated before this century.

flying-letter-exc.png

#14 penparadise

penparadise

- - - - - - - - - - - -

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:32

I'm with Chrissy.

What does the warranty leaflet say?

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968
collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

#15 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:58

I'm with Chrissy.

What does the warranty leaflet say?

I have no leaflet since it was a gift and it's pre owned :(

#16 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:00

It looks like a platinum plated Meisterstück 146 although I originally wondered if it could have been a 147 because I couldn't see the ink view window. I'm on my laptop though and the screen is smaller.

I assume you've filled it from a bottle so you know it's a piston filler. I wish my unused EF nib was a M.  :unsure:

An EF it's all I want :(

I don't think they manufactured them as platinum plated before this century.

#17 Zdenek

Zdenek

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:06

Here are more pics guys. Sorry, but they were taken with my iPhone and an incorrect white balance adjust  so they're yellowish when it's actually more to silver/platina color.

Great 146 pen, enjoy! As to the nib I think M suits well to your handwriting. F is not significantly different from M (talking about MB nibs). If you wish something thinner try EF.

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” W. Churchill

#18 HegnerRJ

HegnerRJ

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:09

Great 146 pen, enjoy! As to the nib I think M suits well to your handwriting. F is not significantly different from M (talking about MB nibs). If you wish something thinner try EF.

So EF it's what I need....thanks for sharing this!

If you know some trusted place where I can order one let me know. I don't want to send it to Montblanc and wait forever.

#19 Zdenek

Zdenek

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:24

So EF it's what I need....thanks for sharing this!

If you know some trusted place where I can order one let me know. I don't want to send it to Montblanc and wait forever.

I don't know about an independent source of MB nibs. ... and yes, the waiting period can be longer than you wish. 

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” W. Churchill

Sponsored Content

|