The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Anyone Who Will Repair Nibs In India.

repair india

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Aquaspindle

Aquaspindle

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:34

Recently dropped my beloved lamy 2k while flushing it with water.. Ive looked at nibmeisters outside of India but either the shipping or their work is pretty expensive. Id love to know if anyone could repair the nib right in India, or if someone could suggest a nibmeister who is somewhat economical.

Attached Images

• 0468E44C-4193-47BD-A5DC-C43F0A445E1D.jpeg
  • CD9DF999-0BF0-4E47-A42A-B1C6B900B712.jpeg

Sponsored Content

#2 bk123

bk123

Long Live FPN

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:14

It can be fixed easily I believe. You can contact Krishnapens I guess.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

#3 EMQG

EMQG

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 14:01

If Krishna can't help, contact FPnibs.com. They're in Spain (you said on Reddit you were okay with Europe, right?) and the prices are super low, but the work is top notch.

#4 Aquaspindle

Aquaspindle

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 15:12

If Krishna can't help, contact FPnibs.com. They're in Spain (you said on Reddit you were okay with Europe, right?) and the prices are super low, but the work is top notch.

Nice to see you on FPR :). I contacted him, and the prices were ok, but the shipping cost is over 60 euro.. I could probably buy a new lamy 2k by the time the pen gets back to me lol. Regardless, I contacted lamy themselves and they transferred to me a authorised Indian lamy retailer - William Penn I believe. Fingers crossed that they can repair the nib.

#5 bk123

bk123

Long Live FPN

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:56

Nice to see you on FPR :). I contacted him, and the prices were ok, but the shipping cost is over 60 euro.. I could probably buy a new lamy 2k by the time the pen gets back to me lol. Regardless, I contacted lamy themselves and they transferred to me a authorised Indian lamy retailer - William Penn I believe. Fingers crossed that they can repair the nib.

Williampenn will not repair your nib for sure. Your nib is not damaged beyond repair. It can be fixed easily. you can get it fixed by G M Pens Chennai (Mr. Prataph) or Krishnapens for a minimal cost.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

#6 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:01

bk123 is right. Your nib needs only for the tines to be realigned (from what your photos show), that is really an easy thing to do, and Dr Sreekumar, from Krishnapens, is an excellent nibmeister that can easily do that for you. Contact him.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#7 Aquaspindle

Aquaspindle

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:07

Williampenn will not repair your nib for sure. Your nib is not damaged beyond repair. It can be fixed easily. you can get it fixed by G M Pens Chennai (Mr. Prataph) or Krishnapens for a minimal cost.

bk123 is right. Your nib needs only for the tines to be realigned (from what your photos show), that is really an easy thing to do, and Dr Sreekumar, from Krishnapens, is an excellent nibmeister that can easily do that for you. Contact him.

The pen is in the hands of William penn right now, if they can’t repair it I will contact Dr. Sreekumar for sure. I love his inks, and I’m sure he’s great with pens too.

#8 om8

om8

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:56

Gem & Co in Chennai might well do it too, they repaired the nib of a Hero pen of mine in seconds!

#9 EaglePen

EaglePen

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2019 - 17:37

Hi. Did williampenn help you with this?

I need to know because I am facing the same situation as you did?

Thanks in advance...

#10 KshitijShetty

KshitijShetty

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2019 - 18:13

If you are based in Mumbai or Delhi, there are a couple of guys from the local pen groups that can fix this for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: repair, india

Sponsored Content

|