The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Zippered Pen Case For "beatles" Pens

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 hcd615

hcd615

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:59

Hi, I purchased the "Beatles" ballpoint and rollerball pens. I would like to carry both in a MB case together. The pens seem to have a bit more girth then the LeGrand. Does anyone know which MB pouch will work. Preferably zippered.

Attached Images

• Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 11.54.37 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 11.54.25 PM.png

Sponsored Content

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,554 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:25

I think it might be better to ask at the boutique where you bought them.  :)

flying-letter-exc.png

#3 Reed_thoughts

Reed_thoughts

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:01

Try the Visconti pen pouch. I find it to be the greatest case of all!

#4 alwayssunnyalwaysreal

alwayssunnyalwaysreal

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 17:33

I have some Montblanc and Graf von Faber-Castell leather 2 pen cases listed here, if you are interested. But I agree that Visconti's pen case has the best design! Visconti's pen case's leather quality seems slightly less premium, but still holds up very well.

Selling part of my pen collection: https://alwayssunnya...s.com/for-sale/

Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (store exclusive)

Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Rosé | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech

Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium

Pilot Prera - Light Blue (SOLD) | Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | ystudio Portable Brassing (SOLD) | AND MORE!

#5 hcd615

hcd615

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 18:41

I think it might be better to ask at the boutique where you bought them.  :)

They had no two pen styles in stock....

#6 hcd615

hcd615

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 19:01

I have some Montblanc and Graf von Faber-Castell leather 2 pen cases listed here, if you are interested. But I agree that Visconti's pen case has the best design! Visconti's pen case's leather quality seems slightly less premium, but still holds up very well.

Hi, thank you for the reply.  Is this the pen case you were mentioning?

Attached Images

• opened.png
  • closed.png

Edited by hcd615, 05 December 2017 - 19:04.

#7 alwayssunnyalwaysreal

alwayssunnyalwaysreal

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 19:53

Hi, thank you for the reply.  Is this the pen case you were mentioning?

Yes. Personally, I have a 6 pen case and 3 pen case, but not the 2 pen case.

I like that the zipper seems to be plastic, not metal, which is less risky to cause any scratches to the pen, when the pens move around, or get pulled out of the case.

The 2 slots on the sides are only slightly less spacious as the other ones in the middle. But in almost all cases, those slots can fit almost all of my pens. The material used inside is soft enough to not damage the pens.

I like zipper cases that provide the full protection to pens. After that, my second choice will be the pen pouches that have a magnetic closure.

Edited by alwayssunnyalwaysreal, 05 December 2017 - 19:54.

Selling part of my pen collection: https://alwayssunnya...s.com/for-sale/

Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (store exclusive)

Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Rosé | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech

Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium

Pilot Prera - Light Blue (SOLD) | Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | ystudio Portable Brassing (SOLD) | AND MORE!

#8 hcd615

hcd615

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 19:56

Yes. Personally, I have a 6 pen case and 3 pen case, but not the 2 pen case.

I like that the zipper seems to be plastic, not metal, which is less risky to cause any scratches to the pen, when the pens move around, or get pulled out of the case.

The 2 slots on the sides are only slightly less spacious as the other ones in the middle. But in almost all cases, those slots can fit almost all of my pens. The material used inside is soft enough to not damage the pens.

I like zipper cases that provide the full protection to pens. After that, my second choice will be the pen pouches that have a magnetic closure.

Thank you, I ordered the Visconti 2 pen case just now!  I appreciate all the help!  Happy Holidays!

Edited by hcd615, 05 December 2017 - 19:56.

#9 zaddick

zaddick

BROAD Side Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:02

Well for future reference, I would say for the same or less money you can get a custom case made by our very own member my63. I don't know that he has done zippered cases, but I have two that slide closed and one with a flap right at the top. You can get your own dimensions, leather color, etc.

#10 hcd615

hcd615

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:36

Well for future reference, I would say for the same or less money you can get a custom case made by our very own member my63. I don't know that he has done zippered cases, but I have two that slide closed and one with a flap right at the top. You can get your own dimensions, leather color, etc.

thank you 

#11 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,648 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 22:06

Hi, I purchased the "Beatles" ballpoint and rollerball pens. I would like to carry both in a MB case together. The pens seem to have a bit more girth then the LeGrand. Does anyone know which MB pouch will work. Preferably zippered.

Either case would work fine.

#12 jagwap

jagwap

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 December 2017 - 00:41

I have the two pen zippered one and it takes the heritage 1912 without any size problems.

However the zip can easily scratch the pen on the way in and out. It's a daft design.

Sponsored Content

|