The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Heiserman Pen Swap This Saturday, Dec 9Th In Brookeville Md

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MarcShiman

MarcShiman

Inspiring Discovery

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:31

At an old restored schoolhouse that now serves as Brookeville's town hall, we will host an an informal gathering of pen aficianados on December 9th at 10 am in Brookeville Maryland. The site of the event will be the Brookeville Academy

Why name it after Bert Heiserman? Bert's Pen Haven in Kensington, MD was the local pen gathering spot on weekends for vintage pen collectors, and Bert introduced many of us to this hobby. Since Bert passed I missed those Saturday afternoons showing pens, looking at pens, and buying and selling them. We wanted to have at least one day to recapture the magic of meeting with each other

Where is it? The town of Brookeville is just north of Rockville and Olney MD, a DC suburb. From DC you drive straight up Georgia Avenue and the venue is on the right when you enter Brookeville. Parking is in the Church parking lot on the left. I will put up some signs

When is it? December 9th 2017 from 10am to 3pm. There is the possibility of getting some snacks and drink at the Beer Farm up the road. I haven't been there, but I'd imagine its a microbrewery of sorts. Maybe we can raise a glass to Bert's memory.

How much does it cost? Dealers? Admission? Parking? Free, free, free, free. No reserved dealer tables - but there will be plenty of table space for you to open up a few binders of pens. Some snacks, drinks or coffee would be a welcome contribution.

I'm hoping Alice will pay us a visit. Besides that, come out, relax and have some fun. I look forward to seeing all the pen fanatics of the DMV

Marc Shiman

HEISERMAN PEN SWAP

Dec 9, 2017 - 10-3pm

Brookville Academy, Brookeville, MD

Free admission, no dealer tables. Bring your pens and trade

Sponsored Content

#2 MightyEighth

MightyEighth

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 16:14

Looking forward to it.

- Marc

"For duty and humanity!"

#3 MarcShiman

MarcShiman

Inspiring Discovery

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 19:25

Here's a map of Brookeville. Don't blink - you may miss it.

The map shows Georgia Avenue headed north. On the right hand side, you'll see the Brookville Academy. Parking is at the Church across the street. If you are coming from DC or other points south, your parking lots come before the venue.

Brookeville.png

HEISERMAN PEN SWAP

Dec 9, 2017 - 10-3pm

Brookville Academy, Brookeville, MD

Free admission, no dealer tables. Bring your pens and trade

#4 CraigN

CraigN

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:25

Marc,

What a great way to remember Bert. My wife & I only visited Pen Haven a handful of times before Bert's passing, but we recognized it as being a very special place.

I hope that the gathering is wonderful

Craig

Sponsored Content

|