FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Greetings From Central Europe
Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:16
Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:43
Hello Carola and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.
To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!
- Winston Churchill
Posted 04 December 2017 - 13:54
Hi! Welcome and greetings from Helsinki, Finland! You've got great taste in pens! As in, I prefer vintage Pelikans myself (namely post WWII 100N)...
"Indifference towards people and the reality in which they live is actually the one and only cardinal sin in design."
Posted 04 December 2017 - 19:21
Thank you, Mike (Herrjaeger - Mr. Hunter? ).
And thank you, mitto.
Also thank you, Thomas.
Hello Henricum_Tropen! I visited South Africa and Cape Town some years ago. Beautiful country...
And hello mana! Helsinki. Finland... another European country I´ve never been to. I managed to get to Skane (Southern Sweden) some years ago, but that´s as far north as I have been.
And thank you for the compliment. To me, vintage pens emanate style, history and quality. I just love to look at 60, 70, 80 years old pens, recognize that they are still beautiful although styles and tastes have changed, see the perfect condition they are still in because they have been loved and cared for, wonder a bit about what they might have seen and imagine, that someone will still use them, when I am long gone.
Posted 09 December 2017 - 17:26
Welcome, Carola !
I, too, enjoy reading the input from people everywhere. It has been an education for me.
Many thanks for sharing the lovely photograph.
Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !