New From New Zealand

BarbaraNZ

Hello from the South Island of New Zealand. I joined a few weeks ago and realized I had better say hello. I am an American that moved here quite a few years ago and am not a spring chicken, but do love fountain pens. There are no pen shows here, not many people I have found here that like fountain pens, so I joined InCoRiMo and that helped with correspondence so I could talk with others that love pens, ink and paper. I have a collection of about forty pens and love Platinum, Waterman, Retro 51, Monteverde and Nemosine. As with students, I am a pensioner, so money is an object now, but even with less expensive pens one can have good writers and lovely ink. I order from Jetpens, Pen Chalet and Cult Pens in the UK. It is all about shipping costs so Anderson's and Goulet have not been easy for me to afford. I have listened to all the podcasts, seen all the videos on You Tube and at this point I am pretty well informed, but this site will be a joy. I just won an auction on our Trademe ( like your EBay) and I think it is a Waterman Expert ll or III. I will post pictures and ask for help on this when I get it. Thanks for being such lovely helpful people. My best,Barbara

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThomasB

• Sasha Royale

• Henricum_Tropen

• Carrau

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard. We're glad you joined us. I'm from Canada, where winter is closing in. I imagine it's springtime down there.

In the end only kindness matters

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello Barbara and welcome. I split my time between Aus. & the South Island. There are a few South Islanders on this site.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello Barbara and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Welcome, Barbara !

NZ is a lovely place to live. High shipping cost is part of the price of being far off.

Members might, from time to time, find cases of lower shipping cost. Stay tuned !

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !