The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Stylepoint Set Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zookie

Zookie

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 17:38

I recently found a grey Stylepoint set at a local flea market for a ridiculous price (2 bucks), with paperwork and two cartridges included, and have a couple of questions.

First is, the cartridges are dried out, but unused. Can they be pierced and refilled with distilled water for reuse? If so, how much? If not, I'll just clean them and use another ink.

Second question concerns the pencil. It takes fineline lead, currently loaded, but can I use any other lead? If so, what size would that be?

It's a nice set, and writes very smoothly, both the pen and pencil!

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Sponsored Content

#2 cherylmarie

cherylmarie

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 18:40

I've reconstituted old Sheaffer cartridges by filling about 2/3 with water and shaking gently until the colors are absorbed into the water.  I've never been sure exactly how water to add, but 2/3 of a cartridge seems about right for color and flow.

#3 Zookie

Zookie

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 804 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 22:09

Thank you so much! I'll try that!

#4 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 22:27

Sheaffer Fineline pencils take 0.9 mm leads.  Before you go and buy more, check under the eraser, there may be spares in the metal barrel of the pencil.  Sounds like a great buy, well done!

Sponsored Content

|