The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Dating For A Visconti Wall Street

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 redacted

redacted

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2017 - 21:48

Is there any method of dating on Visconti pens in general? I can't seem to find any information on when the Wall Street line was released and it doesn't seem to be on their site anyway.

Sponsored Content

#2 zaddick

zaddick

BROAD Side Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2017 - 21:56

I think the original LE pens were in the 2002 to 2004 range. Then came the unnumbered, smaller regular Wall Street pens with a metal grip and C/C system. Then again came the unnumbered Wall Street pens that are the same as the original LE power fillers pens without numbers.

If I recall, it was a one color per year for the initial release. Blue and 2004 stick in my memory, but not the years of the red, green, or grey.

Hope that helps.

Edited by zaddick, 01 December 2017 - 21:58.

#3 redacted

redacted

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2017 - 22:01

Ahh, gotcha. I have a red metal section C/C wall street, but I've been wondering about the date of release/manufacture. I guess it's likely around 2005?

#4 zaddick

zaddick

BROAD Side Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• 3,930 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 00:33

Is it a 14K monotone nib? If so, the date sounds about right. I bought a green one like yours in 2007 and it was not a new release model.

#5 redacted

redacted

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 15:28

Woops, sorry for the late response. It's a 23k Pd "Dreamtouch" nib, which mostly just feels like an unbelievably soft nib. 

#6 zaddick

zaddick

BROAD Side Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• 3,930 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 17:50

I think the PD nibs are much later, maybe in the last 5 years or so. I can't recall when they switched over from gold.

Sponsored Content

|