Lamy Unobtanium 2016/17 Le Ink Piffle Package Petrol And Dark Lilac Round 2

amberleadavis

Yes, this includes Lamy Petrol AND Dark Lilac!

A VERY generous FPNer has gone to a lot of effort to make this happen. I am only the shipper and poster, the mysterious benefactor has purchased, packaged and paid for CONUS shipping for of all these wonderful PIFs.

I'm going to do this in a few rounds, the first round had 10 recipients. This round will have five *but maybe more.

Here is what is in the package:

A sample vial of 2016 LE Lamy Dark Lilac & a sample vial Or cartridge of 2017 LE Lamy Petrol. This means that some will receive 2 sample vials (one of each ink) and others will receive a sample vial of Dark Lilac and a Lamy Petrol cartridge. What the recipients will receive will also be random. Though if you have a Lamy pen, you can include that in your post so that I try and distribute the cartridges to people who have Lamy pens.

In a protective pocket:

• Staples Bagasse lined (no longer available) (IF=ink friendly, thin OS=one side use)
  • Rhodia graph (IF, TS=two side use)
  • Tom Bihn lined/graph/plain (Not IF, demonstrates feathering issues)
  • Whitelines (IF, and TS depending on ink and nib)

To be eligible, you must have 100 posts and not received one of these packages before. Post your reply here. This round will end when I have five eligible parties.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Zookie

• sodul

• AL01

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have two Lamy Safari; one EF and one with 1.9 mm nib. Love them. specially the 1.9, so uncomplicated performance for a modest pen !

I'm over 100 and have received PIFs from you before but not from this generous round, so I'm not sure if I'm eligible.

very generous PIF, sadly I'm not eligible.

David, post some more and maybe we can make an exception.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Nice PIF. Not sure if I'm eligible, but very interested.

You are very close! Post a few more and tell us about it. Maybe we can make an exception.

Hiya!

I have a little over a 100 posts...

But I have never won a Pif before.

(I hope I have more to say than that...)

Apologies, I seem to have created two threads. So, here are more responses.

I have two Lamy Safari; one EF and one with 1.9 mm nib. Love them. specially the 1.9, so uncomplicated performance for a modest pen !

Was this a request? Please PM me with your full name and address.

Nice PIF. Not sure if I'm eligible, but very interested.

You can do it. Just put in an hour tonight and then send me your address. I'll also count it as 100 if you start a fade test.

I would like to get in on this, no Lamy though.

Send me your full name and address (if you haven't already) and in the PM remind me that you don't have a Lamy.

I'm over 100 and have received PIFs from you before but not from this generous round, so I'm not sure if I'm eligible.

Woo Hoo, it's on the way.

Hiya!

I have a little over a 100 posts...

But I have never won a Pif before.

(I hope I have more to say than that...)

Send me your full name and address in a PM.

Nice of you. And I have a couple Lamy pens too. Thanks.

Is this a request? If so, PM me with your full name and address.

very generous PIF, sadly I'm not eligible.

Same offer for you, start a fade test tonight and post a picture on FPN and I'll count it as 100.

Hi Amber,

Thanks a lot for the package. I have not had time to try the paper or the cartridge but I tried the Dark Lilac. Since I know how much you love inks I pulled out most of my purple inks to show them side by side. I used a mix of vintage and modern pens as well as pens from the USA, France and China.
Here is a picture of the inks on a Rhodia Dot Pad:
fpn_1512723093__img_3220.jpg
Noodle's La Reine Mauve is probably the closest but not as dark. Diamine Purple Pazzazz is also very close and dark but this is an ink with gold dust in it so not really an substitute.
Thornton's Blue is in there, well mostly because I wanted to use my Gold Bond Stonite today and that's what was inked in it.
And a picture of the pens I used:
fpn_1512723137__img_3228.jpg

Just got my package today! Can't wait to try it all out, and will post some photos when I do!!

Steph, that looks awesome!

Zookie, enjoy!

Have a Safari with a F nib. Mostly use Lamy Turquoise and sometimes Blue.

Have seen the excitement on the petrol ink especially.

Thanks for the opportunity

Lee Rappeport

Sure - PM me with your full name and address.