The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Rollerball Compatible With Sheaffer Imperial?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pandemic

pandemic

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 20:04

I'm hoping someone can help me in my quest to find a refill for a Sheaffer Imperial rollerball. The pen did not come with a depleted refill, so I don't have anything to compare to.  I have searched high and low with no success. I eventually contacted Sheaffer and their response was:

"Unfortunately, the new rollerball refills will not fit your unit.  We have attached a list of vintage shops that will be able to help you retrofit your front section to fit the current refills."

So, my question is; does anyone knows of any other brand of refill that might fit the pen?  Obviously Sheaffer / Cross are not going to recommend another brand, but I'm hoping that someone may have an idea. I don't really want to retrofit the pen because I got it and the matching FP for a song on e-bay.   I really like the FP and would like to use carry them as a set.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Attached Images

• 20171127_194528.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Pickwick

Pickwick

Pickwick

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 00:34

Go to http://coloradopen.com looking at their website they seem to be knowledgeable. They reference two serial numbers for refills one for the older and the other for later Sheaffer pens. They have an email address and phone number is on their website for enquiries. Also I've had good experience with Sheaffer's customer service who are very helpful.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

#3 pandemic

pandemic

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 22:37

Thanks for the tip.  I've sent them a note. Hopefully they will get back to me with good news.  :)

#4 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,052 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 22:39

I suspect that the rollerballs are not compatible, just the ballpoints.  However there is a gel BP refill made to fit Sheaffers that should work for you. 

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#5 pandemic

pandemic

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze+

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 18:34

Any suggestions on what I should try?  A gel BP refill sounds like a good option.

Sponsored Content

|