The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pif: Diamine Shimmertastic & A Challenge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:53

The Challenge:
If you're reading this, you like the idea of "paying it forward," as it relates to pen and ink and stationery. Whether or not you are interested in this particular offer, please consider offering up something of your own. Something you no longer use, have too much of, or never actually liked may be an awesome treat to someone else.

The Offer:. CLAIMED AND CLOSED.
I have one 50ml bottle of Diamine Shimmertastic Enchanted Ocean that's up for grabs. I've used some of the bottle (maybe 1/4 of it, max), but what's left is still a substantial amount of ink. I like the Shimmertastic inks a lot and I really like this color, but just don't use it much and want it to go to someone who will.

I also have a few assorted goodies (standard international and Parker cartridges, maybe some other stuff) that I could throw into the box. I'll discuss these directly with the winner; I'm happy to pass stuff along and want to be sure it is stuff you'll use.

This is open to anyone with a US mailing address. The ink is free, but I ask to be reimbursed for the postage.

If you'd like it, please reply to this thread with:-
* A little bit about yourself--how you got into fountain pens, what life is like where you live, favorite recent travel destination, an excellent book you've read lately, etc. Nothing too personal or revealing, please! Just some sort of introduction, as I find it nice to actually get to know other members on this board.
* Your current favorite ink(s). I'm curious what I should consider trying.

Thanks!
I will pick a winner and then you can contact me with your address by PM.

Edited by goodpens, 30 November 2017 - 01:35.

Sponsored Content

#2 akiramiyu

akiramiyu

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 23:06

I really appreciate this! I am just starting out with fountain pens and inks so my collection of inks are REALLY small. 

I got into fountain pens from my grandfather when I found a pen of his after he passed away. It wasn't very comfortable so I left the hobby for a bit and decided to re-enter it after passing my NCLEX-RN exam about 4 months ago!! I took so many notes my hands felt like they died and had read that fountain pens could drastically reduce the amount of strain on my hand and bought a Pilot Metropolitan in Fine. Life is not too bad where I live. I am currently just finally moved into my new apartment so it is a little bit of adjusting to coming home to my own place and having to remember to throw out the trash mainly and just being by myself. Favorite place for travel is always Riviera Maya in one of their all-inclusive resorts! A great book I just finished was Priest by Matt Colville and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Carson (I think that's how to spell is name). I am currently in school to get my Bachelors degree for Nursing also.

My current favorite ink is my Noodler's Polar Green because it is a beautiful color and water resistant for my notes. I have a total of 2 inks. My other ink is Lamy Purple, which isn't bad. I have noticed looking back at it though that they seem to have a really neat sheen to them, but want to save some ink since it has almost run out!

#3 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:36

Hi Akiramiyu,

Nice to meet you. You win! I’ll send you a private message to wrap things up.

Sponsored Content

|