Soennecken Prasident 1

Raif79

Beautiful & impressing Soennecken collection Azuniga, my sincere congratulations !

Francis

Thank you ! A compliment from you is more than a compliment for me.... (we met in London and I showed you a rare pen named Moment Pen Paradise with a strange filling system that you had not seen before). All the best for you and Conid...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Azuniga

• Christopher Godfrey

• Raif79

• ScottieDarin

Azuniga, finally I am getting around to pictures and so here is my 111 alongside the small 504 -- you see it has nothing to do with those glorious 111s and 222s from the 1950s: this must be a 1940s pen, I am guessing? Sorry for the poor photos (especially of the nib).

post-104292-0-20988700-1518307931_thumb.jpg

post-104292-0-78986800-1518307949_thumb.jpg

post-104292-0-15897100-1518307971_thumb.jpg

post-104292-0-14964900-1518307989_thumb.jpg

Azuniga, finally I am getting around to pictures and so here is my 111 alongside the small 504 -- you see it has nothing to do with those glorious 111s and 222s from the 1950s: this must be a 1940s pen, I am guessing? Sorry for the poor photos (especially of the nib).

Christopher

Very useful indeed (images are good enough)… I always thought that the 111 after the war came as a continuation of the 110 made during the war, now I can see they were using a completely different logic…

I never saw one of those small 111 before, very similar to the 5xx's... I am glad to be learning more about this wonderful brand...

Thanks for sharing !

I'm glad you saw these photos, at last. I have 9 Soenneckens and they are all black ones, except for the <one> green lizard 222! It sounds a bit boring, doesn't it?

I'm glad you saw these photos, at last. I have 9 Soenneckens and they are all black ones, except for the <one> green lizard 222! It sounds a bit boring, doesn't it?

I do not see it boring, originally all pens were black and I love the black ones... I have more than 40 Soennecken but many years collecting them too. Many safeties, one glass nib and several metallic overlays... and the strange thing is I see a Soennecken and I jump and if I do not have it I want it... only two or three brands produce that effect on me...

Nice exchange of information we had here, that is always good, thanks..

Good morning, Azuniga!

<...9 Soenneckens and they are all black ones, except for the <one> green lizard 222> Ha! This is about to change! Serendipity. Minutes after writing that last, I saw a new advertisement for a <blue> 507 in our classified section, offered by my old friend LimitlessPens -- so, I am now the owner of a beautiful blue one! The black 507 with flexible steel nib will go up for sale soon...

Curiously, there are two Soenneckens for sale right now: a black Rheingold 616 and another 510; but this latter has a more <rounded> blind-end to the cap than mine, which is quite flat across the top of the cap (this one is also being offered by LimitlessPens)

Edited by Christopher Godfrey

Good morning, Azuniga!

<...9 Soenneckens and they are all black ones, except for the <one> green lizard 222> Ha! This is about to change! Serendipity. Minutes after writing that last, I saw a new advertisement for a <blue> 507 in our classified section, offered by my old friend LimitlessPens -- so, I am now the owner of a beautiful blue one! The black 507 with flexible steel nib will go up for sale soon...

Curiously, there are two Soenneckens for sale right now: a black Rheingold 616 and another 510; but this latter has a more <rounded> blind-end to the cap than mine, which is quite flat across the top of the cap (this one is also being offered by LimitlessPens)

You should get them Christopher, they will be harder to find later...

I discovered (because I had misplaced them) that I have a 507 and another 504... it is not black it is some kind of gray waves in a set with a pencil... I will upload an image soon... When you get the blue one, make us jealous and show it here... we will enjoy it.

Very nice, Parcival! What do you mean by "needs for nib", I wonder? Is that not a Soennecken nib in it, perhaps? I love that lapis blue!

Azuniga: of course I shall post pictures for you, on arrival...

I've blown my pen budget. I either need to part with pieces, or wait for my bank account to get fat again. NEED MORE SOENNECKENS!

I've blown my pen budget. I either need to part with pieces, or wait for my bank account to get fat again. NEED MORE SOENNECKENS!

Do not worry, many Soennecken will wait for you, not too many people really care for them, specially the early ones...

Do not worry, many Soennecken will wait for you, not too many people really care for them, specially the early ones...

They seem to pop up for sale when I’m low on cash. When I have money burning a hole in my pocket, there aren’t any.

<They seem to pop up for sale when I’m low on cash>

How well I know that feeling, Raif! Oh, yes...

The Soennecken 510 currently in the classified section has the wrong cap top. Wonder how the seller manage to find an odd one that fits.

Azuniga, looks like we feel the same way about the brand. I have around 30 of Soennecken pens and pencils. Still planning to add more to my collection.

I've also uploaded some photos of them in my wordpress blog. Check them out if you like (not for sale though XD)

Blog: https://scottiependoodle.wordpress.com/

Regards,

Scott

The Soennecken 510 currently in the classified section has the wrong cap top. Wonder how the seller manage to find an odd one that fits.

Azuniga, looks like we feel the same way about the brand. I have around 30 of Soennecken pens and pencils. Still planning to add more to my collection.

I've also uploaded some photos of them in my wordpress blog. Check them out if you like (not for sale though XD)

Regards,

Scott

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/classifieds/item/48657-selling-soennecken-510/

LOL If you talk about this pen, the cap top is OK. I have a few and they look exactly like that

Regards,

Scott

Beautiful pens you have there... I am always pleased when there is someone else having a weakness for this brand.

I am curious, in several photos I have seen a red pen with gray spots, What pen is it? I am curious because I have an A.W. Faber with exactly the same colors...

Beautiful pens you have there... I am always pleased when there is someone else having a weakness for this brand.

I am curious, in several photos I have seen a red pen with gray spots, What pen is it? I am curious because I have an A.W. Faber with exactly the same colors...

Thanks for your compliments. I feel the same too. I think Soenneckend deserves a lot more attention than it currently gets. But then, that would make collecting them extremely more expensive......

That's an Osmia 12. A pen made by the predecessor of A.W. Faber.....