The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

236 Has Arrived!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,892 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:41

The 234 1/2 Deluxe was made '52-54 only....a standard sized pen like the regular 234 1/2. Meisterstuck clip and a different cap band.

Semi-flex KOB....a writing nib, thinner than modern's B nibs.

The 236 looks medium-large; which was the size of the 146 back then also.

S6TQikY.jpg

bYWN5De.jpg

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 29 November 2017 - 10:42.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

Due to Mauricio's improved definition of Super-flex, I try not use the term Easy Full Flex, but fail...sigh.

Semi-flex is an “almost” flex; not a ‘flex’ nib. It is great for regular writing with a touch of flair. It can give you some fancy; but it is not made for real fancy writing. For bit more of that get a maxi-semi-flex. Both spread tines 3X.  Those are not "Flex" nibs. 

Wider than Normal does not exist. Wider than Japanese does. Every company has it's very own standard + slop/tolerance. Developed from the users of it's pens and inks only; not the users or inks of other companies pens. The size you grind a nib to, is your standard only. Paper and ink matter to nib width. Thank god for 1/2 sizes or it would be boring.

Sponsored Content

#22 mrp100

mrp100

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 15:18

I'm jealous.  I had a 236 for many years.  It had a silky smooth nib and a "STOFHAAS" (German stationer) imprint on the cap.  Sadly, I FedEx'ed it to a restorer a year ago and it never arrived.  I got some money from FedEx but I miss that pen.

#23 Raif79

Raif79

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 18:08

I'm jealous.  I had a 236 for many years.  It had a silky smooth nib and a "STOFHAAS" (German stationer) imprint on the cap.  Sadly, I FedEx'ed it to a restorer a year ago and it never arrived.  I got some money from FedEx but I miss that pen.

Yeah mine is a beauty.  No imprints on mine other than the factory ones.  My biggest fear is the loss of one in the mail.  I haven't put it into daily rotation yet.  It's inked up at home though.  I have it filled with toffee brown.  It holds a ton of ink.

Sponsored Content

|