• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan2016

• Chrissy

• Ghost Plane

• Aquaria

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've sampled a good deal of Bungubox inks, all of which were nice but didn't do enough for me personally to buy at the premium price. Dandyism, however, is an absolute stunner of an ink and I hope to add it to my collection sometime in the near future.

Found this one for you:

https://fountainpenfollies.com/2016/12/29/ink-review-bung-box-dandyism/2/

Miruai looks more bluish in this review.

Dandyism is green, very very green.... :D

Yes, I agree. Miruai is much more blue in tone than Dandyism. This can be seen on these 2 swabs I've just done, where I've applied a little water with a cotton swab. In my experience, although both sheen, Miruai has more sheen than Dandyism.

post-100486-0-72074200-1511867360_thumb.jpg

Verba volant, scripta manent

Found this one for you:

https://fountainpenfollies.com/2016/12/29/ink-review-bung-box-dandyism/2/

Miruai looks more bluish in this review.

Dandyism is green, very very green.... :D

Thank you for that link. :) Actually, I read that blog a lot. :) I see that KWZ Foggy Green is a reasonable comparison. (I just don't want to pay an expensive Bung Box price for yet another bottle of dark green ink. :( ) I already have a few including Montblanc Racing Green and Sailor Jentle Epinard.

Your chromatography test looks very different to Laura's. Maybe you do yours with alcohol? :huh:

I would not waste any alcohol on that...

Just with distilled water, and I use laboratorium chromo paper.

I draw a line and put the end in the water, and then just wait...

KWZ Foggy Green comes pretty close, Dandyism a little bit more brownish, or Foggy Green a little bit more bluish, but the difference is not big.

Behavior of both inks differ a lot. KWZ flows very nice, a little bit too easy which makes it in my hands for dip pen difficult to handle. You can see it in my scans...

For price, KWZ clear winner!!!!

And I like the smell of KWZ inks...

I would not waste any alcohol on that...

Just with distilled water, and I use laboratorium chromo paper.

I draw a line and put the end in the water, and then just wait...

KWZ Foggy Green comes pretty close, Dandyism a little bit more brownish, or Foggy Green a little bit more bluish, but the difference is not big.

Behavior of both inks differ a lot. KWZ flows very nice, a little bit too easy which makes it in my hands for dip pen difficult to handle. You can see it in my scans...

For price, KWZ clear winner!!!!

And I like the smell of KWZ inks...

Thanks. :) Also, any bottle is better than the Sailor squat bottle. :D Laura and I both use kitchen towel so presumably that makes the difference in chromatography testing ;)

The lab setup... :D :D :D

Right, well in that case, the longer you leave it the more diluted with water it becomes. So Laura, like me, takes it out as soon as the last shade has appeared at the top, and before it all becomes waterlogged. Probably less than one minute.

I wanted to like this ink, but it looks way too much like industrial electric box muted blue-green.

Or like something I'd find in a 1960s hospital.

• 1 month later...

Now I am curious what you would find in an 1960s hospital....

My mother was an RN back then, so sometimes I was in them when she had to pop in for a few minutes for something or other. I was v. young at the time, so I don't remember why she was there for only a few minutes, rather than working. I only remember being there with her, and being v uncomfortable.

Hospitals were quite dreary in the 60s, because industrial minimalist design ruled the day. This was back when nurses wore white dresses, white stockings, sensible white shoes, and hats indicating the school they'd attended.

This color got heavy use--machines, oxygen cylinders, cabinets, walls, floors, doors, counters, chairs, desks, power boxes, blankets, sheets, the old scrubs for surgery staff--it was everywhere. The more of it you saw, the drearier the hospital tended to be.

It wouldn't be until the 70s when hospitals finally lightened up and loosened up with their interiors.

Great review. I think I have too many dark greens already. So, I don't think I will be adding this one.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today