The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Pics Of My Pelikan 805 Ocean Swirl

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Mew

Mew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:01

From the promo shots I have found and pictures from retailers made it look a bit too green for my taste. After seeing your pictures, I find myself liking it quite a bit more. I'm still going for the M800 Renaissance Brown tho.

I saw the Renaissance brown in person and found it quite underwhelming as compared to pictures of ocean swirl.
Have my ocean swirl on order and currently waiting for a nib replacement on another LE which I bought along with it.

Sponsored Content

#22 Uncial

Uncial

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:58

I saw the Renaissance brown in person and found it quite underwhelming as compared to pictures of ocean swirl.
Have my ocean swirl on order and currently waiting for a nib replacement on another LE which I bought along with it.

Yes, I felt that too about the brown. In person it was rather dull and needed a very, very strong light source to bring out some of the subtle beauty. I went with the Ocean Swirl and I'm very glad I did.

#23 Mew

Mew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 20:56

Yes, I felt that too about the brown. In person it was rather dull and needed a very, very strong light source to bring out some of the subtle beauty. I went with the Ocean Swirl and I'm very glad I did.

Yes. It looks really beautiful in the review done on this board by a professional photographer, but I will never be able get that sort of lighting.
Ocean Swirl seems much better where you would be able to see the beauty of the pattern in almost all sort of lighting conditions.

#24 Freedom

Freedom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:07

Good point. 

Yes. It looks really beautiful in the review done on this board by a professional photographer, but I will never be able get that sort of lighting.
Ocean Swirl seems much better where you would be able to see the beauty of the pattern in almost all sort of lighting conditions.

Good point. I've also always been drawn to silver appointments rather than yellow gold. However, I'd love to have a large Pelikan with a two-tone nib! And, yes I know i can replace the original but there is no way i'd add about $200 CAD for a replacement nib just to swap the original to get the two-tone.

Edited by Freedom, 05 December 2017 - 09:07.

Mike L.

#25 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,540 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 15:12

Great looking pen! Congrats!  Must resist...

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#26 Driften

Driften

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 16:38

Good point. 

Good point. I've also always been drawn to silver appointments rather than yellow gold. However, I'd love to have a large Pelikan with a two-tone nib! And, yes I know i can replace the original but there is no way i'd add about $200 CAD for a replacement nib just to swap the original to get the two-tone.

Some dealers might swap nibs for you before they send it. It does not hurt to ask.

Sponsored Content

|