The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Keeping Uninked Mbs In Your Collection

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 888007888

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:16

I have about 30 MBs so it would be almost impossible for me to use all of them. Also my interest have changed in the time I have acquired the pens, which reflects the nib sizes that all of them have. I am happy to say because of my changing interests,  I now have a wide variety of nib sizes ranging from EF all the way to 3B, and a couple custom nibs even. But it also means because currently I am learning Chinese calligraphy, many of the very broad nibs aren't as useful. The ONLY pen that has remained sealed is the recent Martele. I just can't get myself to tear open the pouch. One day I would...

I picked up the Martele on release day. Inked it up with MB Shakespeare Velvet Red. Wrote 1 journal entry that night. Placed it in my display case. After 2 months passed, remembered I had it inked. Took it out to flush it clean. Has been in the display case ever since. Basically I bought it and have only used it to write three sentences. I do like looking at it though. It's a very nice design and the contrast against the other MBs in my display is striking. I'll ink it again eventually.

Sponsored Content

#22 yeepers

yeepers

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:22

If any of y'all are looking to downsize and looking for a new home for that 75th Anniversary Limited Edition 149 you know who to PM!! :D 

#23 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to OBBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 14:58

If any of y'all are looking to downsize and looking for a new home for that 75th Anniversary Limited Edition 149 you know who to PM!! :D

~ yeepers:

Love your spirit!

That's the attitude!

Tom K.

#24 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,645 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 18:02

Why yes, YES I would. I have seen it and admired it. I will officially call first place in line for any sale offerings of that pen. I hope you never are in a position where you have to sell it, but if you want to sell it please look me up. I am already a sucker for 149s and the wider the better!

I am a sucker for all 149s

#25 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 18:12

I have a few WE that I love dearly, and I have used, but ultimately I don't tend to use very often.  It took a lot of work to find them and I enjoy them a lot when I use them.  for that reason, I won't ever sell them.  

In my opinion, once I've put in the work to acquire a rare item I want, I probably won't end up selling it.  I may not use it *often*, but I enjoy it immensely when I *do* use it.

So instead I just bought a bunch of 50 pen storage boxes and leave everything in there.  :)

Sponsored Content

|