The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Bulkfiller Kingsize Prototype In "lapis Bleu" Celluloid.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 slippery when wet

slippery when wet

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:58

Fit a vintage 149 nib with the right amount of flex and spring and you've got a great pen , lovely colours

Sponsored Content

#22 AGxM

AGxM

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:55

He keeps then all in cases and occasionally tortures us with photos of the whole lot. :)

Sadistic b@!*&$d  :D  :lol:

#23 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 15:20

Fit a vintage 149 nib with the right amount of flex and spring and you've got a great pen , lovely colours

I'm  really enjoying  the 14K Bock nib - which I've ground to 1.2 mm stub - as it is, no need for a vintage flex nib !

Francis

#24 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• 3,489 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 15:21

#25 whichwatch

whichwatch

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 23:39

I'm  really enjoying  the 14K Bock nib - which I've ground to 1.2 mm stub - as it is, no need for a vintage flex nib !

Francis

Aargh!  My favorite material and a perfect sized nib.  Please put me on the list for when you are able to offer these pens for sale!  Meanwhile, I'll have to be satisfied with my Visconti.

2.png

#26 fountainbel

fountainbel

fountainbel

• Premium - Emerald

• 3,489 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 15:45

Gorgeous. What nib is that? Unbranded #8 Bock..? 

Yes, sketchstack, effectively  an unbranded size 8-14K Bock nib.

Surprisingly the nib "wing width" is mostly 0.3- 0.4 mm larger compared to the branded Bock nibs.

Makes the nib look bigger, which I like ! Unfortunately these unbranded nibs are more expensive and have to be ordered at larger quantities…..

Francis

#27 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 16:53

Surprisingly the nib "wing width" is mostly 0.3- 0.4 mm larger compared to the branded Bock nibs.
Makes the nib look bigger, which I like ! Unfortunately these unbranded nibs are more expensive and have to be ordered at larger quantities..
Francis

They're really attractive. Perhaps Conid could offer them as an option...

Edited by mongrelnomad, 02 December 2017 - 16:54.

Too many pens; too little writing.

#28 Mew

Mew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 17:33

It's a beautiful pen Francis. But for me, nothing comes close to the Flanders Field pen that I missed out on. :(

#29 sketchstack

sketchstack

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 18:12

Makes the nib look bigger, which I like ! Unfortunately these unbranded nibs are more expensive and have to be ordered at larger quantities…..

Francis

Thank you. I'm always interested in new nibs for my King Size. And I think I'd prefer slightly less soft than my 18k #8 that I originally received.

And for some reason I'm a fan of the pure aesthetic of very plain, shiny nibs sometimes ... like the one in your photo. 

I like to write or make short videos about my fountain pens such as the Conid Bulkfiller or Pilot Urushi 845 BB:

SketchStack.com

Sponsored Content

|