The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Are These By Cross?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steven r

steven r

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2017 - 16:31

Are these by Cross? if not, I will be!!

Hi, I recently picked these up at an Antique fair believing they were vintage Cross ballpoints, something about the cap clip and the rings triggered something in my brain.

Now after thinking that I had eventually got one over the antique dealers I am not so sure. 

When i got home I noticed that one of the pens has a Cross named refill in it (hopes soared) the other has the same design but no name,IIMG04954-20171125-1446.jpg IMG04955-20171125-1446.jpg cannot find any google images or info about them so your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Content

#2 Zookie

Zookie

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2017 - 18:03

I'm certainly no expert, but my guess would be that they would be marked Cross somewhere on the pen. They are very nice looking pens though.

#3 Conan the Grammarian

Conan the Grammarian

Green Ink Brigadier

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2017 - 21:31

I've run across lots of no-name ballpoint pens configured to take Cross ballpoint refills.

I'm guessing those are examples of that.

Edited by Conan the Grammarian, 25 November 2017 - 21:31.

Conan the Grammarian

“No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.” ~ Robert Adams

“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Cogito ergo spud. [I think therefore I yam.]

#4 Jerome Tarshis

Jerome Tarshis

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:51

Yes. It needn't be only no-name ballpoint pens that take Cross refills. Many brands use either the Cross or the Parker refill standard. But neither the pen nor the refill would necessarily be made by Parker or Cross.

#5 steven r

steven r

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 19:59

Yes. It needn't be only no-name ballpoint pens that take Cross refills. Many brands use either the Cross or the Parker refill standard. But neither the pen nor the refill would necessarily be made by Parker or Cross.

Hi, and thank for your input, i presume by the answers that these are not Cross  pens, they are heavy pens and look well made so any ideas or directions where i can find more info on them.

#6 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,530 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 22:21

The clips and the pointed ends look like chrome to me. Are there any silver hallmarks on the pens anywhere?

flying-letter-exc.png

#7 steven r

steven r

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 November 2017 - 20:56

The clips and the pointed ends look like chrome to me. Are there any silver hallmarks on the pens anywhere?

I have been through them with an eye glass, no silver marks (unfortunately), no Cross, in fact  nothing at all, the one that is less decorative shows a few spots of plate loss and it looks like brass underneath, they are quite heavy so brass with some coating?,

Thanks for your input Chrissy

Sponsored Content

|