The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

J. Herbin Vert Olive - Compact Review

j herbin herbin ink review wert olive vert olive green

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2017 - 19:14

fpn_1511550829__j_herbin_vert_olive.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Laurmann2000

Laurmann2000

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2018 - 20:46

Oh thank you for this review. I like that color.  It looks like it might be a good match for my new pen. 

#3 Dip n Scratch

Dip n Scratch

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2018 - 22:43

I have had some disappointments with Herbin Ink because the colour I got was not as saturated as I was led to believe. Vert Olive looks like Army Green with yellow added. The Tomoe River paper makes the colour look better than my experience of it was. Because it was before I got any Tomoe River paper.

#4 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,770 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 20:34

Herbin is not a saturated ink....or not the 5 or 6 I have, they are however good two toned shading inks....which was why I chased them.

This though is not my color.

"""The Tomoe River paper makes the colour look better than my experience of it was. Because it was before I got any Tomoe River paper.""""

In my cart in Amazon.....

I've had for me, good luck with decent  papers 90g and better and Herbin.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 13 August 2018 - 20:36.

Everyone says poor Mozart dead at only 36. None say poor Mendelson, dead at only 38. His family only allowed him to start at 20, but before, musicians use to come to the Mendelson garden to steal the music of Mendelson and his sister. A good artist also, can still buy prints of his famous Scottish drawings in Scotland.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany      Info on Bock nibs

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Pens/inks/paper on hold for a year....new addiction pocket watch chains. :happyberet:

#5 Barkingpig

Barkingpig

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:13

If you have any interest in red ink, try the new Herbin Rouge Grenat; I didn't believe the color I saw from the first samples shown & had to have my own bottle to actually believe I had @ last met a Herbin ink I could call saturated.  (The Bleu Profondeur is another of the newest Herbins & is also a highly saturated ink.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: j herbin, herbin, ink, review, wert, olive, vert olive, green

Sponsored Content

|