The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Omas Nib

4 replies to this topic

#1 tudv

tudv

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 21:43

I purchased this Omas nib that turned out to be tiny (5.5 mm). I thought it was an easy and sure fit in a Jinhao Lorelei but it falls off as it seems to be thinner in the base (although it fits with the feed).  Does anyone know what fountain pen can house this small nib? 

Many thanks

Edited by tudv, 23 November 2017 - 21:44.

Sponsored Content

#2 jekostas

jekostas

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 21:46

You could put a small piece of clear tape on the back of the nib to make it thicker so it would fit.

#3 tudv

tudv

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 23:38

Thank tou so much @jekostas I will try that! I hope it wont interfere with the inkflow. I found out its a nib Omas used in the Dama and Princess fointain pens. Im wondering what cheap pens out there are comparable in size to these Omasses...

#4 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2017 - 20:00

You could try one of the tighter friction fit pens like maybe a Lecai Acrylic eyedropper, a Delike brass pen, noodlers charlie or nib creaper.

#5 sidthecat

sidthecat

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:53

I wonder if a small ringtop like a Wahl #0 would work. I have a couple fitted out with #2 dip nibs.

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content

|