The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Parker Jotters - Surprisingly Cool!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 23:47

Has anyone seen the new Jotter special editions in the flesh - the ones with London architecture as their design inspiration?

I think the blue one looks cool from the pictures at jotterlondon.com. I wonder how deep the engraving is, might be handy as I usually don't go for steel pens, I find the smooth surface too slippery.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Sponsored Content

#2 rowdy

rowdy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:25

I don't have the architecture ones but the coloured barrel ones are nice. Appear to be a finish over the stainless steel. I have slipping issues with the regular stainless steel Jotters but these are surprisingly not like that. But the new stainless steel and stainless steel with gold clip are like the regular stainless steel Jotter. I have the royal blue, grey with stainless cap, Bond Street Black and gold.
But having said all that if your able to get to a store and check out I would do that. I' ve been using the royal blue, stainless cap for a week daily for work and journal. No slip issues.
My wife asked if you can get it in purple☺. Hmmm, yes you can.

#3 Mike 59

Mike 59

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,623 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2017 - 00:32

Hi, In the UK, a well-known Supermarket has had them in stock for the last two or three weeks.

I thought that the mech pencil had been dropped from production, but it's in this set, with the new style clip.

Quite interesting box design with the pens making up the union flag shape.

#4 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,884 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:22

Hi, In the UK, a well-known Supermarket has had them in stock for the last two or three weeks.

I thought that the mech pencil had been dropped from production, but it's in this set, with the new style clip.

Quite interesting box design with the pens making up the union flag shape.

Do tell! I thought the same about the pencil btw.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

#5 mr T.

mr T.

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2017 - 19:13

Has anyone seen the new Jotter special editions in the flesh - the ones with London architecture as their design inspiration?

I think the blue one looks cool from the pictures at jotterlondon.com. I wonder how deep the engraving is, might be handy as I usually don't go for steel pens, I find the smooth surface too slippery.

These pens cost about three times the standard (plastic) Jotter and are in my opinion overpriced. 

#6 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,529 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 15:18

I think I saw that Pendemonium had these for sale this week.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#7 sandy101

sandy101

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2017 - 13:42

I bought the sky blue and the red one.

They are indeed beautiful pens - and inspiring.

The engraving is not very deep. You can feel the grooves and it seems to help the grip - I did a comparison with a steel one I have. So, yes, the grooves do improve the grip a bit. It feels like the pen has been lightly dusted with something - and not in a bad way.  

Edited by sandy101, 01 December 2017 - 16:36.

#8 Flounder

Flounder

Forum Moderate

• Member - Gold

• 2,884 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 14:18

That's useful Sandy, thanks very much. I had a look in Rymans while I was in the city centre earlier this week, but they only had the coloured stainless steel Jotters, not these new ones.

Edited by Flounder, 01 December 2017 - 14:19.

#9 sandy101

sandy101

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 December 2017 - 14:30

I ordered mine from the Hamilton Pen Co. (10% off for Black Friday).

They were £17.50 each.

Sponsored Content

|