What Is A Good "carry Pen?"

lectraplayer

I think the Kaweco Sport Classic is the perfect pocket pen. Light and stays out of the way with a pretty good nib.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lectraplayer

• IndigoBOB

• bob_hayden

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

I think the Kaweco Sport Classic is the perfect pocket pen. Light and stays out of the way with a pretty good nib.

That one seems to be a fairly popular one. It's in my wishlist.

If it isn't too bright for you, it isn't bright enough for me.

A man's trouser pocket pen. /sigh/

So you want to see me reach into a woman's pocket for a pen? :P

Have you found a solution yet? Inquiring minds want to know ;-)

If pens are required at all in your workplace, I'm guessing you are probably not the only one who has a pen carry issue. What are others doing?

If pens are required at all in your workplace, I'm guessing you are probably not the only one who has a pen carry issue. What are others doing?

I currently have a Nib Creaper and a Jinhao X750 on trial but am still looking. The X750 took some "redneck engineering" to make it work right though. (I'll post a review in a bit).

Although most people at work just use ballpoints. :crying: I've snapped a few of those too, especially the dollar store gel retractables that have their barrels unscrew between the grip and the clip. Those are usually not found in pockets though and are reserved for "at station" pens, which I have no set station. Those don't write worth a cuss on paper that has gotten product on it (easy to do) so that's one good excuse to use a fountain pen right there. :D

So you want to see me reach into a woman's pocket for a pen? :P

Sorry to say this but you won't find ANY pen in a woman's trouser pocket. I can barely fit a 4-times folded handkerchief in most of my jeans and trousers. The ones that HAVE pockets, that is. /another sigh/

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I wonder if you can use the weapon manufacturing sidegames in one of the JRPGs to make an indestructible pen out of orichalcum with a neutronium nib and runes on the barrel?

Sorry to say this but you won't find ANY pen in a woman's trouser pocket. I can barely fit a 4-times folded handkerchief in most of my jeans and trousers. The ones that HAVE pockets, that is. /another sigh/

This is where the world ends. One day a woman somewhere in the world will go to tuck something in her pants pocket. There won't be enough room for whatever tiny thing it is, a slip of paper, a paper clip, an agent's heart, something really small. Generations of anger and misery will overcome her. She'll snap and rip the throat out of the nearest passerby.

It will spread from there .......

Edited by Chouffleur

This is where the world ends. One day a woman somewhere in the world will go to tuck something in her pants pocket. There won't be enough room for whatever tiny thing it is, a slip of paper, a paper clip, an agent's heart, something really small. Generations of anger and misery will overcome her. She'll snap and rip the throat out of the nearest passerby.

I'd make that sacrifice and be the nearest passerby ;) . I like the current styles.

My friends wear those styles. They command with them. They use shirt pockets more often lol.

I wish that future tense was accurate. Impossibly tiny pockets for women's clothes have dominated shops' shelves since skinny 'cigarette-shaped' jeans and work trousers became fashionable 6-7 years ago.

Whenever I see my male course-mates carry their lecture stationery supplies, their car and house keys, and their smartphones in their pockets I think about Mary Poppins' bottomless bag. And about house keys, I didn't know pain until I had to cram my flat's keys everyday in a ridiculously small pocket. Damn you, fashions.

I wish that future tense was accurate. Impossibly tiny pockets for women's clothes have dominated shops' shelves since skinny 'cigarette-shaped' jeans and work trousers became fashionable 6-7 years ago.

Whenever I see my male course-mates carry their lecture stationery supplies, their car and house keys, and their smartphones in their pockets I think about Mary Poppins' bottomless bag. And about house keys, I didn't know pain until I had to cram my flat's keys everyday in a ridiculously small pocket. Damn you, fashions.

To me, most fashions are overrated anyway. :D Then again, I live in Dixie, where most women goes around in a T-Shirt and blue jeans, which at least has a reasonable volume in their pockets. Still, those fashions may be part of the reason many women carry those nice Coach purses.

Edited by lectraplayer

• 2 weeks later...

I had heard the name "Lady Gaga" but that did not inspire me to investigate further, but I did look her up in response to the messages above. I'll stick with Hepburn;-)

I had heard the name "Lady Gaga" but that did not inspire me to investigate further, but I did look her up in response to the messages above. I'll stick with Hepburn;-)

I'll take both since one has an amazing voice, while the other had amazing acting skills and was a fashion icon. They're both inspirational women.

I bet Hepburn's carry pen would have been a Kaweco Sport Skyline Cappuccino or Mint, while Lady Gaga's would probably go for a Kaweco Sport Ice Lime Green.

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks