The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Kyonooto Yamabukiiro Ink Pif

kyonooto yamabukiiro

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:46

I have a bottle Kyonooto Yamabukiiro that I have used once.  The color on the box looked a little more brown than it actually turned out to be and I personally don’t like the color.  The ink works very well and was just bought in October but it was the color that I didn’t care for.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year so I want to PIF this ink to someone that will enjoy it and it is open to everyone.

To be considered please let me know one thing you are thankful for this year.  I will randomly pick one person from the entries at 9 PM Eastern Time Sunday – the 26th of November.  I will PM you to get contact info.  I will also post the winner here.

So, what am I thankful for?  My family – despite having my wife halfway through a one year deployment overseas and my son serving with the military in the U.S. – as a veteran I am proud of them and feel closer than ever to them.

Sponsored Content

#2 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 21:41

One of my Favorites! Just finishing a review of it....

:D

#3 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 21:43

fpn_1511300589__kyo_no_oto_yamabuki_iro.

#4 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 21:45

I am thankful for so much, but my wife and kids the most.

In the Netherlands we say count all your blessings and do not forget one...

As I already know this ink (I used it in my daily pen) another one may be the lucky one to receive this

#5 jcp1st

jcp1st

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 22:18

I could list many, but you asked for one so I'll go with the fact that, despite the many societal problems we've encountered throughout this past year, I'm still proud and grateful to be a citizen of the United States of America!

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. - Mark Twain

#6 AberHulk

AberHulk

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:59

This year my nephew and dad came to live with me. My nephew asked if he could call me dad and my wife mom! We have been looking to adopt. My boy is almost 16 and has ID (intellectual disability). He is a really awesome kid and I am proud to call him son.

Thank you and your family for your service.

“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again.”

― C.S. Lewis

“Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.” 

― Frank HerbertDune

#7 Vargouille

Vargouille

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:53

I dig the color!

I'm thankful to have my health, loved ones safe and warm, and friends around the kitchen table for Thanksgiving dinner while I'm away at school.

#8 AndrewPracticing

AndrewPracticing

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:12

I am grateful to have wonderful coworkers in my new work location.

#9 guyinkits

guyinkits

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:23

I'm thankful for a healthy baby girl that is just about to reach her 1st year birthday on the 25th.  Cute as a button this one.

#10 Jontello

Jontello

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 22:50

Beautiful ink. Thanks for the PIF.

I am thankful for my family, my wife and two daughters! They are such a blessing to have.

#11 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 23:02

I've been admiring this particular ink for a while and it's on my 'to get' list, but that's not until I visit Naples FL again next year. So please could I be considered?

I also have many, many things to be thankful for, but you asked me to pick one and it is that we were both in Naples when hurricane Irma hit on September 10th and we're glad that we both survived and came safely back home.

flying-letter-exc.png

#12 mandrbeck

mandrbeck

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 23:07

I would love to be considered. I am most thankful for my one year old son. I didnt know you could love someone so much.

#13 BayesianPrior

BayesianPrior

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2017 - 13:05

I would like to be added as well, please.  I am thankful for this hobby, which can provide a very necessary (albeit temporary) reprieve from the downs on daily life.

bayesianprior.png

#14 Winenink

Winenink

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2017 - 15:30

Thank you for this giveaway!  

I am thankful for the fountain pen community. I find great stress relief in writing, experiencing inks and pens, and I find that interacting with the community as a whole lifts my spirits and makes all the bad in the world just slip away for a few moments. <3

#15 Jontello

Jontello

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 November 2017 - 23:54

Thanks again for this pif.

Edited by Jontello, 26 November 2017 - 23:55.

#16 Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 13:51

My apologizes - I was going to announce the winner last night but was off line until today.  

It was nice to see what everyone was thankful for this year.

The winner selected at random was guyinkits - I will send a PM to get details.

Thank you for all of the entries.

#17 BayesianPrior

BayesianPrior

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 23:05

Congratulations guyinkits and thank you Cincinnatus for your generosity!

bayesianprior.png

#18 goodpens

goodpens

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 17:26

(Not an entry.)

Thank you for offering this up. I think it is very cool when difficult-to-find or less common things like this are offered up. I hadn't known about this ink, but I'm glad to learn about it. Interesting color--reminds me of Rohrer & Klinger Alt-Goldgrun

#19 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,241 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2017 - 18:35

Not an entrant.  But thank you for doing this.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#20 guyinkits

guyinkits

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2017 - 22:45

A big thank you to Cincinnatus for his generosity and contribution to this community and color me surprised when he announced that I was the lucky member to get to play with a completely new color of ink.  If it wasn't for this, I'm not even sure when I would make my way around to trying a yellow hue so I'm grateful to get this opportunity.  I've really just started this year with my fountain pen and ink collection (not really collecting but for use of course) but one of these days, if I don't control myself and things get out of hand, I'll be sending out a bottle of ink in the not too distant future.  Thanks again Cincinnatus.  

A few pictures of the ink.  Lighting isn't great here in December for me but you'll still get an idea of the Kyonooto Yamabukiiro ink characteristics.

fpn_1512945026__yamabukiiro1.jpg

fpn_1512945046__yamabukiiro2.jpg

fpn_1512945061__yamabukiiro3.jpg

fpn_1512945082__yamabukiiro4.jpg

Sponsored Content

|