The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Tul Gel Pens

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 888007888

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:48

Just purchased a 4 pack of these Limited Edition TUL gel pens from Office Depot. These are wonderfully smooth. Medium black gel ink 0.7. Refills are available in different tip sizes as well as needle point for those precision writers. Great pens. They may even dethrone the G2. I prefer the look and design of the TUL over the Pilot G2, however, the TUL is just a bit too long. Nothing crazy. Just a bit longer than my ideal length. Best part about these limited editions are the all black barrels with Gold, Rose Gold, Copper, and Platinum accents.

Has anyone else tried these pens with the gel refills? What is your opinion on them?

Edited by 888007888, 21 November 2017 - 08:50.

Sponsored Content

#2 Studio97

Studio97

Studio97

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:46

I gave up G2s a long time ago. Got bored with them. I bought a stack of the TUL lmtd ed. on sale. Very smooth to write with. I have run across a paper or two that has some kind of sizing, coating or something that the TUL gel did not write well on with skipping. I think it was an odd batch from moleskine and ARC, but overall its a good pen.

Also, the gel refill works in my Montblanc rollerball by dropping in a short spring into the bottom end of the barrell. Screw on the writing end and it works perfectly. IMHO the TUL gel is better than my MB rollerball refills and cost a fraction of the MB price and lasts longer too.

Edited by Studio97, 21 November 2017 - 16:00.

#3 888007888

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 16:10

Studio97 ... Great tip on the MB rollerball. I have stopped using my StarWalker and other model Montblanc rollerballs as I started to dislike the MB refills and they are pricey. I'm going to pop in a TUL gel with a spring today and give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Edited by 888007888, 21 November 2017 - 16:11.

#4 MYU

MYU

... The key to it all is Capillary Action! ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 17:46

Is Office Depot having a sale on these TUL gel pens?  Is 0.5mm the finest size available?  

I've actually found that the plastic end piece from the wide Parker style refills works as a nice spacer with refills that fall a little short.  You can also trim the plastic to suit a specific pen.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner]   |   "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

#5 888007888

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 17:52

Is Office Depot having a sale on these TUL gel pens?  Is 0.5mm the finest size available?  

I've actually found that the plastic end piece from the wide Parker style refills works as a nice spacer with refills that fall a little short.  You can also trim the plastic to suit a specific pen.

The only sale I see on TUL pens is for the refills. The pens themselves are regular price as far as I can see.

#6 Studio97

Studio97

Studio97

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 19:27

Studio97 ... Great tip on the MB rollerball. I have stopped using my StarWalker and other model Montblanc rollerballs as I started to dislike the MB refills and they are pricey. I'm going to pop in a TUL gel with a spring today and give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Let us know what you think.

Sponsored Content

|