Martemodena Pens From Italy

luxuryitemsusa

Yes. This is true, we are selling on ebay, mostly with the account Luxuryitemsusa. At this moment we have nothing published, as we are waiting for incoming stock.

We keep several pens in stock for backup and repairs.

As a business owner, it's very important to sell what's in stock and keep a small backup stock for special situations.

MarteModena isn't great with delivery, and we can't sell what isn't in stock. It's not serious to sell pens that aren't in stock. At least that's my view.

I'm very glad to hear that MarteModena survived their downturn from two years ago. These were great guys -- Marco, Giulio and others. I knew them all fairly well through my business dealings with MarteModena. Contrary to the bad experiences that others had with MarteModena, I never once had a bad experience dealing with them -- and I bought a plethora of pens from them between 2013 - 2016. I'd be very interested to know more about what pens MarteModena is providing you these days, particularly if they obtained Delta's equipment before Delta went under. You indicated that you're selling mostly though ebay as "luxuryitemsusa." Is that correct?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luxuryitemsusa

• Stylo_dOr

• Bill P

• Cordovian

I believe MarteModena has the bad habit of selling items they don't have in stock, and that created a mess for them.

They didn't handle it correctly and kept selling, what they didn't have.

It's a shame, because some of there products are very nice.

well...what happened as I recall...

I initially had good experiences...BUT as time passed...it got really ugly..it seems like it all came to a head in 2017...

at the end of 2016 I received a message saying they were closing down their ebay site...that may have happened for a few weeks, but then they were back up on ebay...for a while.

Then sometime in 2017 Martemodena changed their ebay ID to Italycollectors....the complaints were rising...Marte was selling and receiving funds for product they didn't have, inaccurate descriptions of items they were selling, long delays in shipping product, errors that they wouldn't correct such as wrong Pen sent or wrong nib size, no replies to inquiries regarding issues, ...etc..They offered excuses, excuses, excuses, ...Their shipping fees were also all over the place...defied logic...it was clearly a profit maker for them...a way to protect their profit when they were selling Pens using the auction...at best ,lots of questionable business practices...

Their feedback got down to 90% and that was it on ebay.

one FPN member noted:

"Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:14

Wow, if you look at the feedback for the last 30 days it shows over 50% negative transactions (7 negative out of 12 total feedback) and two of the negative feedback were for undelivered pens priced at $1,824 and $5,200.."

They then started doing their own auctions on their martemodena site...daily auctions....same issues arose...selling and receiving payment for product they didn't have...inquiries made by customers received excuses and promised ship dates which didn't occur...long delays in replies, or no replies at all...ultimately no shipment of product....refunds promised, but never provided. Ultimately customers were forced to files claims with PayPal or their credit cards. In my cases Marte never replied to the complaints/claims and I received my $$ back from PayPal...the rep I spoke with indicated there had been many complaints/claims.

Now they still do their own auctions at their website, but they are no longer daily auctions and they have a much reduced # of items for sale. They also seem to charge MORE if you want to use PayPal...and some of the language in their terms and conditions is very suspect...

Here are some forums where FPN members discuss their experiences:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/329188-controversial-experience-with-martemodenas-customer-service/?hl=martemodena

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/328651-martemodena-issues/?hl=martemodena

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/327789-martemodena-auctions-questionable-business-practices/?hl=martemodena

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/326840-is-martemoderne-still-around/?hl=martemodena&do=findComment&comment=3909815

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/303230-experiences-with-martemodena/page-11?hl=martemodena

In my opinion they offer nothing that is worth the risk...

The nibs are stainless steel (I personally find them stiff and scratchy). As we all know here, some people like that feel, others don't.

I personally don't like that feel... But it's a very personal taste of the owner of the pen...

Hey Bill,

Not only a damaged brand due to their antics over the bay but have some of the worst nibs. I bought a pen from them and it is by far the worst nib. Have not looked it since and would stay as far away as possible.

Rgds,

F.

Yes. This is true, we are selling on ebay, mostly with the account Luxuryitemsusa. At this moment we have nothing published, as we are waiting for incoming stock.

We keep several pens in stock for backup and repairs.

As a business owner, it's very important to sell what's in stock and keep a small backup stock for special situations.

MarteModena isn't great with delivery, and we can't sell what isn't in stock. It's not serious to sell pens that aren't in stock. At least that's my view.

I appreciate you giving us your business insights about what's currently up with MarteModena. I'm not sure who currently owns and operates MarteModena. Who do you deal with? Are Marco or Giulio still involved? Like any company, no matter where it's from, its success depends greatly on the individuals who run and operate it. Late deliveries to distributors seems to indicate a problem. Likewise, so does scratchy steel nibs that don't live up to the golden age of Delta's best.

We can all chat about our good or bad experiences in the past with MarteModena until we're blue in the face; however, it's the present that I'm interested in. What is clear is that MarteModena went into serious dumps in 2017; I empathize with those who bought their pens from MarteModena during that time. I'd be damn furious too.

I think the current 2018 MarteModena pens look OK, but my opinion is unimportant. More importantly, do they write well? What kind of nibs does MarteModena offer? Are all the nibs solely steel? What about 14K or 18K gold nibs? Any of those available? Who currently runs MarteModena?

You're the current MarteModena distributor. Why don't you fill us in on the blanks and give us the straight shot about MarteModena's current pens?

Edited by Stylo_dOr

The partners of MarteModena are Giulio Patti and Marco Rossi. Don't know the percentages of ownership.

They have two types of nibs: Gold 14K (Made in Germany) or Iridium (Steel) Nib. I personally don't like the steel nib, but we've had great reviews from customers. The steel nib is a solid seller because it allows for a lot cheaper price.

New models are coming out, we are expecting a shipment to be arriving this week.

The best seller is the DolceVita Federico and the Chronicle (similar to Delta Journal). The Chronicle is being discontinued.

They are also discontinuing the Freedom Pen. I personally enjoyed the Freedom Pen design.

All pens have a removable converter (that makes it work as a piston).

The new model is called the Enzo, it's very similar to the DolceVita.

fpn_1528669798__martemodena-fountain-pen

fpn_1528669908__martemodena-fountain-pen

They have a model called Natural that's made out of wood and comes in different colors (types of wood).

fpn_1528670033__natural.jpg

I appreciate you giving us your business insights about what's currently up with MarteModena. I'm not sure who currently owns and operates MarteModena. Who do you deal with? Are Marco or Giulio still involved? Like any company, no matter where it's from, its success depends greatly on the individuals who run and operate it. Late deliveries to distributors seems to indicate a problem. Likewise, so does scratchy steel nibs that don't live up to the golden age of Delta's best.

We can all chat about our good or bad experiences in the past with MarteModena until we're blue in the face; however, it's the present that I'm interested in. What is clear is that MarteModena went into serious dumps in 2017; I empathize with those who bought their pens from MarteModena during that time. I'd be damn furious too.

I think the current 2018 MarteModena pens look OK, but my opinion is unimportant. More importantly, do they write well? What kind of nibs does MarteModena offer? Are all the nibs solely steel? What about 14K or 18K gold nibs? Any of those available? Who currently runs MarteModena?

You're the current MarteModena distributor. Why don't you fill us in on the blanks and give us the straight shot about MarteModena's current pens?

Edited by luxuryitemsusa