Martemodena Pens From Italy

luxuryitemsusa

I'm the owner of a small company that's in the import/export business. We just made a deal with MarteModena of Italy to be a distributor in the U.S.A.

I've read online that there has been good reviews and bad reviews about that company.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and announce that we have a small stock of pens that we already imported. Our idea is to only sell what we have in stock, and to stand behind the product (warranty and guarantee service).

MarteModena has started producing their own line of pens. And has purchased the rights to produce the DolceVita line from Delta Pens, that as you know has closed down.

We have in stock: DolceVita, Freedom and a couple of Chronicle pens (very similar to the Delta Journal).

If anybody is interested in specs and other information, please contact me

post-140051-0-89521900-1511182328.jpg

post-140051-0-74716000-1511182350_thumb.jpg

post-140051-0-01308000-1511182358.jpg

post-140051-0-74745300-1511182412.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luxuryitemsusa

• Stylo_dOr

• Bill P

• RocketRyan

I haven't tried one of the MarteModena pens yet but I am interested. What is your web site address?

Also, do you know if MarteModena has their own production facilities? I was wondering if they bought the equipment from Delta along with the rights. I'd really love to see the Barocca line come back in some new styles. I have one that Delta made for MarteModena and love it.

We dont have a website yet. We do mostly wholesale. Martemodena has acquired some of the machinery. You can send me a PM and Ill happily gove you more info.

• 5 months later...

It's been several months. We are mostly selling via eBay.
Some Limited Edition, new models, hand painted, just came in.
What is the general opinion?

fpn_1525212515__img-20180429-wa0034.jpg

fpn_1525212484__img-20180429-wa0027.jpg

fpn_1525212459__img-20180429-wa0025.jpgfpn_1525212440__img-20180429-wa0022.jpg

fpn_1525212418__img-20180429-wa0030.jpg

It's been several months. We are mostly selling via eBay.

Some Limited Edition, new models, hand painted, just came in.

What is the general opinion?

The first one (overlapping blocks) looks REALLY nice... :wub: :wub:

... the rest, don't tickle my fancy at all... :mellow:

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

The green one is lovely, just not buying at the moment. The federico is a great model in my opinion.

Some of the Martemodena Pens are interesting...BUT..for me they have some real serious historical credibility issues...

I, and several others have had some really bad experiences with Martemodena.

In my opinion they are damaged brand...

Hope it works out for you.

Good Luck

Edited by Bill P

I'm sorry about your bad experience. We are importers and we service the pens in the States.

MarteModena is our provider.

We only sell pens in stock. Once in a while like any pen that is part of an artisanal process there is a problem. We have always fixed or issued a full refund to our customer.

Our policy is our customer comes first.

That said we've only had some nib adjustments or a defective converter as an issue.

We've had a mostly positive experience selling these pens. And we do understand that MarteModena has a bad track history.

We should be receiving some new items in the next couple of weeks and will publish them.

If anybody is interested in doing a review of the DolceVita, Freedom or Chronicle pens, please send us a PM.

Some of the Martemodena Pens are interesting...BUT..for me they have some real serious historical credibility issues...

Good Luck

Edited by luxuryitemsusa

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very glad to hear that MarteModena survived their downturn from two years ago. These were great guys -- Marco, Giulio and others. I knew them all fairly well through my business dealings with MarteModena. Contrary to the bad experiences that others had with MarteModena, I never once had a bad experience dealing with them -- and I bought a plethora of pens from them between 2013 - 2016. I'd be very interested to know more about what pens MarteModena is providing you these days, particularly if they obtained Delta's equipment before Delta went under. You indicated that you're selling mostly though ebay as "luxuryitemsusa." Is that correct?

Edited by Stylo_dOr

Unfortunately, my experience with Martemodena via eBay was terrible: really hard to contact, then no answer for weeks, then such a short and ambiguous answer that was in fact useless...

And besides the pens would still be refurnished Delta pens...! and that is enough for me: all my Delta pens were returned for good, I have not found a Delta that really works fine and deserves its crazy high price.

In brief, GOOD LUCK for you, of course, but I will not be in.

plumista

Many FPN members had terrible experiences with Martemodena..HORRIBLE...

They were ultimately removed from EBAY.

It seems Most HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES happened in 2017 .

No shipment of product that had been PAID FOR...buyers had to file claims with PayPal or their credit cards. Marte would not respond to inquiries. No refunds provided.

When they shipped the wrong nib or product they would not fix THEIR issue.

No replies to inquiries...terrible business practices.

I will NEVER purchase an item from them or anyone representing them...really distasteful!

UGH

Well just to provide some balance, I bought probably ten or more pens from MarteModena, including last year, including Deltas, and never had a problem with any of them.

Sorry for those who did have terrible experiences, but it really wasn't all bad.

Edited by bbs

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Unfortunately, my experience with Martemodena via eBay was terrible: really hard to contact, then no answer for weeks, then such a short and ambiguous answer that was in fact useless...

And besides the pens would still be refurnished Delta pens...! and that is enough for me: all my Delta pens were returned for good, I have not found a Delta that really works fine and deserves its crazy high price.

In brief, GOOD LUCK for you, of course, but I will not be in.

plumista

That's shocking. That wasn't my experience with MarteModena at all, at least through the end of 2016. Refurbished Delta pens -- without proper written disclosure of that fact? I can't imagine why MarteModena would've done that. I'd definitely be as upset as you if I went through such a horrible experience. I'm glad that ebay was able to help recover your money.

Edited by Stylo_dOr

Many FPN members had terrible experiences with Martemodena..HORRIBLE...

They were ultimately removed from EBAY.

It seems Most HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES happened in 2017 .

No shipment of product that had been PAID FOR...buyers had to file claims with PayPal or their credit cards. Marte would not respond to inquiries. No refunds provided.

When they shipped the wrong nib or product they would not fix THEIR issue.

No replies to inquiries...terrible business practices.

I will NEVER purchase an item from them or anyone representing them...really distasteful!

UGH

Glad I stayed away from MarteModena during 2017. MarteModena notified me during mid 2016 that they were closing down their ebay seller's account at the end of that year.

Edited by Stylo_dOr

Well just to provide some balance, I bought probably ten or more pens from MarteModena, including last year, including Deltas, and never had a problem with any of them.

Sorry for those who did have terrible experiences, but it really wasn't all bad.

Ditto here.

well...what happened as I recall...

I initially had good experiences...BUT as time passed...it got really ugly..it seems like it all came to a head in 2017...

at the end of 2016 I received a message saying they were closing down their ebay site...that may have happened for a few weeks, but then they were back up on ebay...for a while.

Then sometime in 2017 Martemodena changed their ebay ID to Italycollectors....the complaints were rising...Marte was selling and receiving funds for product they didn't have, inaccurate descriptions of items they were selling, long delays in shipping product, errors that they wouldn't correct such as wrong Pen sent or wrong nib size, no replies to inquiries regarding issues, ...etc..They offered excuses, excuses, excuses, ...Their shipping fees were also all over the place...defied logic...it was clearly a profit maker for them...a way to protect their profit when they were selling Pens using the auction...at best ,lots of questionable business practices...

Their feedback got down to 90% and that was it on ebay.

one FPN member noted:

"Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:14

Wow, if you look at the feedback for the last 30 days it shows over 50% negative transactions (7 negative out of 12 total feedback) and two of the negative feedback were for undelivered pens priced at $1,824 and $5,200.."

They then started doing their own auctions on their martemodena site...daily auctions....same issues arose...selling and receiving payment for product they didn't have...inquiries made by customers received excuses and promised ship dates which didn't occur...long delays in replies, or no replies at all...ultimately no shipment of product....refunds promised, but never provided. Ultimately customers were forced to files claims with PayPal or their credit cards. In my cases Marte never replied to the complaints/claims and I received my $$ back from PayPal...the rep I spoke with indicated there had been many complaints/claims.

Now they still do their own auctions at their website, but they are no longer daily auctions and they have a much reduced # of items for sale. They also seem to charge MORE if you want to use PayPal...and some of the language in their terms and conditions is very suspect...

Here are some forums where FPN members discuss their experiences:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/329188-controversial-experience-with-martemodenas-customer-service/?hl=martemodena

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/328651-martemodena-issues/?hl=martemodena

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/327789-martemodena-auctions-questionable-business-practices/?hl=martemodena

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/326840-is-martemoderne-still-around/?hl=martemodena&do=findComment&comment=3909815

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/303230-experiences-with-martemodena/page-11?hl=martemodena

In my opinion they offer nothing that is worth the risk...

Edited by Bill P

To swing this back round to the original post and for the benefit of luxuryitemsusa - the problem with Martemodena was lack of delivery and lack of customer support (plus selling Delta pens at very low prices, which I seem to remember did have them accused of helping Delta go under - no proof one a or another).

In this case the only pens being sold are ones already in the possession of LuxuryitemsUSA, not in Italy with Martemodena.

To swing this back round to the original post and for the benefit of luxuryitemsusa - the problem with Martemodena was lack of delivery and lack of customer support (plus selling Delta pens at very low prices, which I seem to remember did have them accused of helping Delta go under - no proof one a or another).

In this case the only pens being sold are ones already in the possession of LuxuryitemsUSA, not in Italy with Martemodena.

Actually the only problems were NOT "lack of delivery and lack of customer support"..the problems went well beyond that, as documented by several FPN members (see the forums referenced above) and as documented by the feedback comments on Ebay.

Most telling:

one FPN member noted:

"Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:14

Wow, if you look at the feedback for the last 30 days it shows over 50% negative transactions (7 negative out of 12 total feedback) and two of the negative feedback were for undelivered pens priced at $1,824 and $5,200.."

Martemodena is a severely damaged brand, as it should be, due to significantly self inflicted wounds.

At this time luxuryitemsusa (ebay ID) has no Martemodena items for sale on ebay.

Edited by Bill P

Good Luck

Hey Bill,

Not only a damaged brand due to their antics over the bay but have some of the worst nibs. I bought a pen from them and it is by far the worst nib. Have not looked it since and would stay as far away as possible.

Rgds,

F.

I engaged time ago only in discussion with Martemodena on some of their "peculiar" offers, as described by Bill, asking for more details due possible interest on few of their items which still maintained a Delta look.

Their replies were somewhat rude and careless of my interest, so eventually I stopped looking at their offers.

Then gradually I noted their rather (to my personal opinion) disrespectful modifications to the original Delta models design, and convinced myself I just wanted to stay as far as possible.

I am glad I got my Deltas when I could, and a few more in shops here and there (in Italy) just after Delta quit and just before they started to become rare and expensive. All my true Delta nibs are lovely. The early gold ones, fantastic.

Edited by sansenri