The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Waterman Acquired! Cute, But Never Seen Before

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eharriett

eharriett

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:44

Any ideas?  The vendor said it takes glass cartridges.  It is not a C/F, obviously.  It is French, but appears to have U.S. parts.  And the top unscrews as well as the bottom!  Why?  From a distance, I thought this was either an Italian pen or an Eversharp.  Was surprised when I saw it was a Waterman.  Approx age?  And what should I look for to fill it with ink?

It feels surprisingly good in the hand.  Closed, it is surprisingly small, but posted it is very well balanced.  And there's noticeable flex to the nib (I expect nothing less from Watermans).  Would love to get this going again.

2zowLpY.jpg  ZsTNQ3q.jpg  I7djdmm.jpg  i7pjqWZ.jpg  hnFwm7n.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:07

This is the french made Waterman glass cartridge filler.

If the rubber seal for the cartridge is bad, Richard Binder shows how to repair it

And a nice overview from David Nishimura

Edited by Greenie, 19 November 2017 - 05:07.

#3 Xof72000

Xof72000

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 971 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:36

It's a Waterman "Standard" (that's his name  ;) ), lady size (with a #2 size nib).

Very common here in France.

#4 eharriett

eharriett

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:20

It's a Waterman "Standard" (that's his name  ;) ), lady size (with a #2 size nib).

Very common here in France.

I'll take a look at the links Greenie sent me to in a few minutes.  But Xof, if they're pretty common in your neck of the woods, could you please recommend a source for getting the cartridge or other way to hold the ink in the pen?

#5 Xof72000

Xof72000

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 971 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:39

I'll take a look at the links Greenie sent me to in a few minutes.  But Xof, if they're pretty common in your neck of the woods, could you please recommend a source for getting the cartridge or other way to hold the ink in the pen?

The pens are common ... the cartridges, less ...  ;) ... but I have a few of them ... and maybe, if you send me a PM, ... a could post you one or two ... may be ...  B)

Edited by Xof72000, 19 November 2017 - 08:49.

Sponsored Content

|