The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Green Striated Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell? Any Information?

pelikan 120 400nn merz&krell fake

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jungkind

jungkind

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 22:03

Recently I got my hands on this supposedly green striated 120 Merz & Krell

http://www.fountainp...20_striated.jpg

As a green striated Merz & Krell 120 was never documented I asked one of the Pelikan Gurus in Germany about his opinion. He reminded me that the 400NN from Merz & Krell has the same size of barrel.

Here the two side by side

http://www.fountainp...n_120_400nn.jpg

In fact the only difference is in the section: The 400NN has a flared section and the 120 a strait one.

I took out the nib of a real 120, the straited one and a 400NN and took a photo side by side from the front

(120 left, 120 striated middle, 400NN right)

http://www.fountainp...comparison1.jpg

You can see that the 120 has a smooth front and the 400NN has 6 small indentation in the front, the striated in the middle has the same indentations and other signs that it was machined from a 400NN barrel.

Conclusion: Someone has fabricated a 120 green striated, using a barrel from a green striated 400NN

If this was done by a worker in the factory or later we will probably never know, but there could be another hint, All of the 120 M&K I have, have a Pelikan120 imprint in the cap plastic, The cap that came with the pen has no cap imprint, but it has the correct capband with the correct stamping.

Anyone has heart about this pen before???

Sponsored Content

#2 piscov

piscov

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 00:16

Never seen a similar Pelikan 120 M&K.

This is a very interesting post! Thank you for sharing.

As you say we will probably never know what has happened with this pen, but it´s definitely a pen that is worth to have!

Best regards,

Vasco

Best regards
Vasco

simbolo-e-nomesmall2_zps47c0db08.jpg

Check out "Pena Lusa by Piscov". Pens added on a regular basis!

Link for Vintage Montblanc pens here

Link for Vintage Pelikan pens here

#3 mwpannell

mwpannell

Who? What?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 00:25

Yes, thanks for sharing that. Love 120s.

#4 sargetalon

sargetalon

The answer to life, the universe, and everything

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 19:10

That is definitely a unique creation.  Almost certainly made by someone after the fact.  There are quite a few Pelikans out there that pose such a mystery.  Enjoy it.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count.  My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

#5 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,712 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:47

Never seen one like this before. Nice look though.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, 120, 400nn, merz&krell, fake

Sponsored Content

|