The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Black Friday Deals On Pelikan?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 00:07

Does anybody know about Pelikan online stores offering Black Friday discounts?
Thanks!
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

Sponsored Content

#2 SpecTP

SpecTP

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:17

it's not BFD, but cultpens has pretty good prices on Pelikans. Amazon may have better cyber-monday deals

Edited by SpecTP, 18 November 2017 - 05:18.

#3 CupTea

CupTea

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 19:06

I would keep an eye on Amazon.de (Germany). Every once in a while they have an incredible deal (especially if you consider that they will reduce their listed price by 19% vat if you have it shipped abroad).

#4 BillH

BillH

Not Old Enough...

• Member - Gold

• 867 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 00:54

Have not seen any yet, at least pen discounts.  Niche has a free pouch with a Souveran, or free engraving with a Classic.  One day I might be tempted to have one engraved... or maybe two, with     Grandpa  ;) 

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working."     -Pablo Picasso

SNAIL MAIL EXCHANGE or a postcard perhaps?

#5 jeffraffe

jeffraffe

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:44

Penchalet had a code for 15%off store-wide. Code is valid for Pelikan pens

#6 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,521 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:27

Amazon regularly has Warehouse deals on Pelikan (and other branded) pens. Especially for Black Friday

flying-letter-exc.png

#7 pseudo88

pseudo88

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,472 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 16:45

M205 for €55, which is about $65 on amazon.de is pretty amazing... Don't know about the shipping costs.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#8 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 973 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:31

it's not BFD, but cultpens has pretty good prices on Pelikans. Amazon may have better cyber-monday deals

Cult Pens has 10% off until Midnight Sunday GMT with the code Black17.

#9 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:50

Amazon regularly has Warehouse deals on Pelikan (and other branded) pens. Especially for Black Friday

Warehouse deals are used products, often VERY badly misrepresented.

I just got sent a warehouse deals ninja blender, not being told it was used (bought from the main page) on amazon black friday. It was DESTROYED. Went back in afterwards and saw under the third page in my invoice that it was used - nowhere else was it mentioned.

Amazon was completely unhelpful and blamed me for not knowing that "amazon warehouse deals" always means used. Because the word "used" was nowhere under the main order/tracking page, nor was it on the main page I bought it from. Let alone the disgusting condition it arrived in. 

They were completely unhelpful and because of how this was handled, amazon will not be seeing one red cent from my christmas shopping this year. They've already lost more than it would have cost to keep me a happy customer in purchases in one day. I'm seriously considering dropping my prime after a decade of support because of how horrible their customer service policies have become. On top of that all the scamming products that are still being sold on their storefront. Amazon has become a garbage scam filled "too big to fail" corporate monster like any other. And they're horrible for us here in Seattle, which makes me worry for whatever city wins this asinine bid war to get their second campus.

TL:DR - never buy amazon warehouse deals, and avoid any "great" deals on amazon for pens, there are still tons of scammers out there and they've gotten smarter since the "$5 mont blanc" days

Keep an eye on massdrop, who routinely has a pelikan or two every month.

Also watch the REAL retailers like vanness, goulet (even if Goulet is $15-30 more, they are worth it, you will NEVER get better customer service,) jetpens, etc.

#10 sidpost

sidpost

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 December 2017 - 17:31

I have gotten some really good deals on  Amazon Warehouse deals.  When you buy like new and read the description, you get a pretty good idea of what to expect.

The one exception for me has been fountain pens.  The people in the warehouse know nothing about fountain pens.  I have gotten "like new" pens that had ink cartridges installed so when they arrived everything was soaked in ink.  Nibs are frequently heavily tarnished.  My return rate is about 4 out of 5 (80%) but, the return process for me has been very easy and basically uneventful.  About the only thing the returns cost me is the value of the tape I use on the box and the sheet of paper it takes to print the return label.

I have scored some lovely Pilot fountain pens at a real bargain that make the whole process of finding a diamond in the rough worthwhile.  YMMV  ;) 

On a quest for better pencils and pens in rural East Texas.   :)

Sponsored Content

|