Black Friday Deals On Pelikan?

Calabria

Does anybody know about Pelikan online stores offering Black Friday discounts?

Thanks!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• senzen

• Chrissy

• BillH

• jeffraffe

it's not BFD, but cultpens has pretty good prices on Pelikans. Amazon may have better cyber-monday deals

Edited by SpecTP

I would keep an eye on Amazon.de (Germany). Every once in a while they have an incredible deal (especially if you consider that they will reduce their listed price by 19% vat if you have it shipped abroad).

Have not seen any yet, at least pen discounts. Niche has a free pouch with a Souveran, or free engraving with a Classic. One day I might be tempted to have one engraved... or maybe two, with Grandpa ;)

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

M205 for €55, which is about $65 on amazon.de is pretty amazing... Don't know about the shipping costs.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

it's not BFD, but cultpens has pretty good prices on Pelikans. Amazon may have better cyber-monday deals

Cult Pens has 10% off until Midnight Sunday GMT with the code Black17.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Amazon regularly has Warehouse deals on Pelikan (and other branded) pens. Especially for Black Friday

Warehouse deals are used products, often VERY badly misrepresented.

I just got sent a warehouse deals ninja blender, not being told it was used (bought from the main page) on amazon black friday. It was DESTROYED. Went back in afterwards and saw under the third page in my invoice that it was used - nowhere else was it mentioned.

Amazon was completely unhelpful and blamed me for not knowing that "amazon warehouse deals" always means used. Because the word "used" was nowhere under the main order/tracking page, nor was it on the main page I bought it from. Let alone the disgusting condition it arrived in.

They were completely unhelpful and because of how this was handled, amazon will not be seeing one red cent from my christmas shopping this year. They've already lost more than it would have cost to keep me a happy customer in purchases in one day. I'm seriously considering dropping my prime after a decade of support because of how horrible their customer service policies have become. On top of that all the scamming products that are still being sold on their storefront. Amazon has become a garbage scam filled "too big to fail" corporate monster like any other. And they're horrible for us here in Seattle, which makes me worry for whatever city wins this asinine bid war to get their second campus.

TL:DR - never buy amazon warehouse deals, and avoid any "great" deals on amazon for pens, there are still tons of scammers out there and they've gotten smarter since the "$5 mont blanc" days

Keep an eye on massdrop, who routinely has a pelikan or two every month.

Also watch the REAL retailers like vanness, goulet (even if Goulet is $15-30 more, they are worth it, you will NEVER get better customer service,) jetpens, etc.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I have gotten some really good deals on Amazon Warehouse deals. When you buy like new and read the description, you get a pretty good idea of what to expect.

The one exception for me has been fountain pens. The people in the warehouse know nothing about fountain pens. I have gotten "like new" pens that had ink cartridges installed so when they arrived everything was soaked in ink. Nibs are frequently heavily tarnished. My return rate is about 4 out of 5 (80%) but, the return process for me has been very easy and basically uneventful. About the only thing the returns cost me is the value of the tape I use on the box and the sheet of paper it takes to print the return label.

I have scored some lovely Pilot fountain pens at a real bargain that make the whole process of finding a diamond in the rough worthwhile. YMMV ;)

On a quest for better pencils and pens in rural East Texas. :)