Sailor Ink Bottles

Charles Skinner

I believe that Sailor has ink in different shape bottles. If this is true, could you show me a picture of the bottles? Or, at least, describe the bottles? I have Yama Dori which is in the more common Sailor bottle, I believe. No need to show a picture of it or describe it. Thanks. C. S.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Charles Skinner

• Chrissy

• displacermoose

• Algester

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Sailor has ink in different shape bottles. If this is true, could you show me a picture of the bottles? Or, at least, describe the bottles? I have Yama Dori which is in the more common Sailor bottle, I believe. No need to show a picture of it or describe it. Thanks. C. S.

136969fd7b36fc9d08da0f84cd5eb1fe.jpg

sailor_storia_ink_bottles.jpg

The above, and the one you already know, are the bottle types I know of. The one you know is used by Sailor and Kobe, the first above is Bungubox, the bottom is Sailor Storia.

I am sorry. I still am not sure about the Sailor bottle shaped like a funnel. What is the ink in these bottles called? C. S.

Bung Box line.

I think the vase/funnel-type bottles were the standard Sailor and Bung Box bottles a few years ago but both now use the squatty bottle. I have a handful of Bung Box bottles, all purchased in the last two years, and all are the short squatty bottles.

Pen & Message inks, which are made by Sailor, still use the vase/funnel-type bottle. There may be others but I'm not familiar with them.

I really wish Sailor had stuck with taller bottles, the short ones are a pain. If the inks weren't so good I wouldn't bother with them.

I think the vase/funnel-type bottles were the standard Sailor and Bung Box bottles a few years ago but both now use the squatty bottle. I have a handful of Bung Box bottles, all purchased in the last two years, and all are the short squatty bottles.

Pen & Message inks, which are made by Sailor, still use the vase/funnel-type bottle. There may be others but I'm not familiar with them.

I really wish Sailor had stuck with taller bottles, the short ones are a pain. If the inks weren't so good I wouldn't bother with them.

The short ones are indeed a pain. One of the worst bottle designs I've seen. :(

The short ones are indeed a pain. One of the worst bottle designs I've seen. :(

I think the J. Herbin bottles are much worse. Doesn't stop me from buying an embarrassing number of both, though.

ETA: and why does Pilot put such drop-dead boring ink into those lovely bottles?

Edited by displacermoose

Yet another Sarah.

ok it seems the squat bottles will now be the import model (the classic bottles also the one being used on the Kobe ink line)

then you have the frosted storia bottle at 30ml

then you have the 20ml bottles that look like the ones used by Caran d'Ache colors of the earth line up

then you have the J.Herbin 1890 look alike bottle at 50ml

and lastly the 50ml vase bottle (mainly used on the shop exclusive inks but it has become the squat bottles as well)

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-1008b.html

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-1006.html

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-1502.html

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-2000-008.html

http://sailorshop.jp/SHOP/13-1007.html

the hell sailor... 20ml INKS?! THE HELL... I guess they have to resort into importing these bottles? was it related to the bottle crisis early this year?

the only saving grace is that they now sell the reservoir separately but still... DANG!!!

Edited by Algester