The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Could You Help Two Orphans?

twsbi nibs inexpensive bodies plastic

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 16:06

TWSBI nib units, that is. I have an italic and a fine, just lying there pathetically, and no bodies to host them.

They are from the 540 series, I believe....so, what inexpensive and easily attainable not-metal pen bodies (besides Noodler's Ahab) will these fit?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Sponsored Content

#2 mhguda

mhguda

It's mostly the paper that gets me now...

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,021 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 13:02

If they fit a Noodler's Ahab, you might try an Indian FP that takes a #6 nib. Check out Airmail (aka Wality) at Asapens.in or Fountainpenrevolution (fprevolutionusa.com) for the many possibles. Mind you, I do not have a Twsbi so cannot speak from experience... but the Wality nibs are eminently forgettable, while the bodies are really nice; it looks like a nice way of housing your orphans...

Good luck, and let us know what you come up with!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

#3 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 20:45

If they're from a 540 they won't fit a Noodler's Ahab, they'll be too small (540suse use a #5, Noodler's Ahabs a #6). I'll see what I can come up with in terms of pen options.

#4 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2017 - 22:41

If they're from a 540 they won't fit a Noodler's Ahab, they'll be too small (540suse use a #5, Noodler's Ahabs a #6). I'll see what I can come up with in terms of pen options.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure that these are 540s.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, nibs, inexpensive, bodies, plastic

Sponsored Content

|