Oneills Pens.

Ian the Jock

Our good friend Oneill has very kindly sent me the first photo of some of his Jinhao collection, a few of which are no longer available.

This pic also includes his beloved Abelone pens, and there are definitely a few here that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. :lol:

fpn_1510919035__oneills_pens_1.jpg

Oneill has promised me more pics and some close up shots, which I'll post in due course.

It's actually his wife Joy who is on Camera duty, and I thank both her and Oneill for their sterling efforts.

Our man must think that at 91 Photography jobs are beneath him.......and rightly so. :D

Well played Joy. :thumbup:

Ian

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• Ian the Jock

• inkeverywhere

• ian1964

Reading Oneill's posts he seems very passionate about his Chinese pens. Being a retired magistrate I'm sure his pens could tell some very interesting stories given the chance.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

Handwriting - one of life's pure pleasures

I suppose Oneill could try his hand on a ( 2nd ) writing career, might be ... :lol:

I'm sure if he wanted to, he could. :lol:

The more I get to know him, the more I admire him.

Believe it or not, his other hobby, is (at 91 yrs old) combing the beaches with a metal detector. :yikes: I love his passion and energy. :notworthy1:

Ian

Here you go Oneill, as promised, a pic of my Jinhaos.

fpn_1511274755__jinhaos.jpg

I've probably given about the same away over the last year or 2.

At 1 point I had 5 500s and 5 x450s :lol:

Ian

Our good friend Oneill has very kindly sent me the first photo of some of his Jinhao collection, a few of which are no longer available.

This pic also includes his beloved Abelone pens, and there are definitely a few here that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. :lol:

fpn_1510919035__oneills_pens_1.jpg

Oneill has promised me more pics and some close up shots, which I'll post in due course.

It's actually his wife Joy who is on Camera duty, and I thank both her and Oneill for their sterling efforts.

Our man must think that at 91 Photography jobs are beneath him.......and rightly so. :D

Well played Joy. :thumbup:

Ian

Ian ,you must be hard of hearing,I am ONLY 87 and Joy says she will get around to the photos maybe after Xmas ,we have a lot to do, I have found one or two more Jinhao's.Oneill

Ian

Ian

Ian

Ian in your photo above number 3 first row is the silver version of the pen that the Australian cricketer Max Walker who sadly psased away earlier this year used to brag about being his Daily user which he bought for a couple of dollars,also I see my Favourite pen The Abalone which is second from the end of the first row,if you like Jinhao;s you really must have one of these, I have three. Oneill

The Abelone is a nice ce pen Oneill, I'll need to get the bigger 650 version at some point, however, my favourite Jinhao is the fabulous 217 second from the right on the bottom row.

An outstanding pen.

Ian

The Abelone is a nice ce pen Oneill, I'll need to get the bigger 650 version at some point, however, my favourite Jinhao is the fabulous 217 second from the right on the bottom row.

An outstanding pen.

Ian

Hi Ian, thank you so much for putting the photos on which is much appreciated, How many thousand pens do you have at the moment and are they in a spare room? Do you have SPRINKLERS IN THE ROOF? or do you sit and watch over them?Oneill.

Edited by oneill

Reading Oneill's posts he seems very passionate about his Chinese pens. Being a retired magistrate I'm sure his pens could tell some very interesting stories given the chance.

Greg

Greg

Having been born across the road from the Harton Lunatic Asylum where the famous Catherine Cookson was in service in C.O Durham UK,Joy said to me one day ,you should write your lifestory its very interesting, SO because I am very well trained I sat down that night and wrote 14 very long pages and then decided that I was not the prolific author that Joy imagined me to be, since then I have added a few pages, how many pages are required for a Best Seller? You will all get a free copy as soon as it is finished!!!

As a Magistrate serving at Port Adelaide in the early seventies the lovely gentleman serving as my senior was Mr Sam Ward who would always say before we went into court, we were having a woodbine at the time,he would always say to me that we were privileged to be in the position that we were in but must always ensure ,That Justice Is Served to the person who was appearing before us and I am sure that we paid respect to that point.Justice must always be seen to have been done.

Edited by oneill

Brian and Joy have sent me some further pics of Oneills beloved Jinhaos.

There are 1 or 2 there that I'd really like to get my grubby mitts on. :lol:

Some of these I haven't seen before, and they are very impressive indeed.

Thanks Oneill, and yes, I do trust you. ;)

fpn_1511878868__oneills_jinhaos_1.jpg

fpn_1511878915__oneills_jinhaos_2.jpg

fpn_1511878949__oneills_jinhaos_3.jpg

fpn_1511878994__oneills_jinhaos_4.jpg

fpn_1511879030__oneills_jinhaos_5.jpg

fpn_1511879072__oneills_jinhaos_6.jpg

ENJOY :thumbup:

Ian

Hi Ian, thank you so much for putting the photos on which is much appreciated, How many thousand pens do you have at the moment and are they in a spare room? Do you have SPRINKLERS IN THE ROOF? or do you sit and watch over them?Oneill.

Hahaha

I haven't been into fountain pens as long as you Bryan (3 years 2 weeks to be exact) but yes, my fps are precious, every last one of them.

I have 42 on my desk at any given time, and the rest are safe in pen wallets, safely out of reach of any "footerers, and miscreants" :D

Ian

Hi Ian, I cant see any of the pens that you marked would you be so kind as to mark them again,

Oneill. I cant remember how long I have been editing websites for pen makers but it must be in

the middle ages.I now edit the pages of a very good Japanese Pen seller called engeika,you

should see my Japanese pens You may not be aware that the Japanese have been Nibmeisters for

years and have become very good at it,I have a pen which can write Hard or Soft at a touch of

the button It is called the Justas 95.Fortunately they are passing on their skills to their sons

which is just great Have a look at some of their offerings they are superb.regards. Oneill

Edited by oneill

Greg

How did you know I just love The Stooges have done since 1935 when I used to attend matinees,Oneill

Brian and Joy have sent me some further pics of Oneills beloved Jinhaos.

There are 1 or 2 there that I'd really like to get my grubby mitts on. :lol:

Some of these I haven't seen before, and they are very impressive indeed.

Thanks Oneill, and yes, I do trust you. ;)

fpn_1511878868__oneills_jinhaos_1.jpg

fpn_1511878915__oneills_jinhaos_2.jpg

fpn_1511878949__oneills_jinhaos_3.jpg

fpn_1511878994__oneills_jinhaos_4.jpg

fpn_1511879030__oneills_jinhaos_5.jpg

fpn_1511879072__oneills_jinhaos_6.jpg

ENJOY

Have you noticed how much Joy has improved as a Photographer??????

Have you noticed how much Joy has improved as a Photographer??????

She obviously has more skills than you realised Bryan. :lol:

The pictures are excellent. :thumbup:

Ian

She obviously has more skills than you realised Bryan. :lol:

The pictures are excellent. :thumbup:

Ian

I have already passed on your appreciation of her Talents,which I don't think have anything to do with the Camera at all. Plus it has a Delete Button.Oneill.

I have already passed on your appreciation of her Talents,which I don't think have anything to do with the Camera at all. Plus it has a Delete Button.Oneill.

Ian, did you ever find the article that I was talking about? if not go to Bing and type in. Comparison for the best fountain pen. if that does not work please contact me and I will try to send it to you it is really worth reading by all FPNers.regards Oneill

Hi Ian. would you be so kind as to send me a personal email with the Jinhaos you would like marked so that I can put them aside instead of selling them.I have just realised that maybe I have more Japanese than I ever imagined we will have to get the photographer Lady to take a photo of them all soon,regards Oneill.