The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Monteverde Intima Rollerball Conversion To Fp?

monteverde fountain pen intima rollerball

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sub_bluesy

sub_bluesy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:29

I picked up a Monteverde Intima in Volcano gray resin the other day. Should be in the mail today. I really like that color but found out that it's out of production so I pulled the trigger on a rollerball on the off chance I can use a FP section from another Intima I have. Couldn't find a FP around anywhere. Does anyone know if this is just a quick section swap? Looks plausible in pics even though they scaled the rollerball to look bigger than the FP. Cheers!
Someday the mountain might get em but the law never will.........

Sponsored Content

#2 sub_bluesy

sub_bluesy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:38

Just got the pen today and I got lucky! The rollerball will accept the fountain pen section and nib! It just threads in. All you have to do is drop out the spring to hold the rollerball refill in and the FP section threads right in. The cap and pen body are identical. This only applies to the Intima series but I bet others in similar series are the same. Got an out of production pen that I really wanted for peanuts on the dollar now!

#3 SoulSamurai

SoulSamurai

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:03

Glad to hear it worked out. It's a fantastic looking pen.

#4 luxuryitemsusa

luxuryitemsusa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:02

Just got the pen today and I got lucky! The rollerball will accept the fountain pen section and nib! It just threads in. All you have to do is drop out the spring to hold the rollerball refill in and the FP section threads right in. The cap and pen body are identical. This only applies to the Intima series but I bet others in similar series are the same. Got an out of production pen that I really wanted for peanuts on the dollar now!

Beautiful pen!

Just out of curiosity how is the nib?

I have a Monteverde Impressa and I´m not thrilled with it...

#5 sub_bluesy

sub_bluesy

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 00:18

Beautiful pen!

Just out of curiosity how is the nib?

I have a Monteverde Impressa and I´m not thrilled with it...

I swapped the nib for another black Monteverde nib that I ground to a medium italic.  It's a pretty good nib but I did have to work on it.  I think I've had to work on all 10 of my Monteverdes honestly.  I have one stub though that I'm "putting up with" or I'm just being too lazy to clean it up a little.  What version of the Impressa did you get?  I just returned two for spots in the gun metal plating on the red trim version.  Had to go so far as to write Monteverde and plead for them to find me a good one.

#6 luxuryitemsusa

luxuryitemsusa

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:38

I swapped the nib for another black Monteverde nib that I ground to a medium italic.  It's a pretty good nib but I did have to work on it.  I think I've had to work on all 10 of my Monteverdes honestly.  I have one stub though that I'm "putting up with" or I'm just being too lazy to clean it up a little.  What version of the Impressa did you get?  I just returned two for spots in the gun metal plating on the red trim version.  Had to go so far as to write Monteverde and plead for them to find me a good one.

I have a Black/Chrome Monteverde Impressa. Nice pen, but I'm not thrilled with the nib as I said...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monteverde, fountain pen, intima, rollerball

Sponsored Content

|