The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Robert Oster Red Clay - Compact Review

robert oster signature inkart red review calligraphy sakura clay red

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 13:03

Sakura Fountain Pen Gallery generously sent me Robert Oster Red Clay.

It is an ink in the inkArt.ink line  ( http://www.inkartink.com/ )  They are available in 50 and 100 ml and have added UV protection.

Red Clay is a a nice "muted" red. Clay can have a lot of different colors, but this looks for me like the red bricks used for building in the Netherlands.

The ink shows shading and what I particularly like is the dark outline of the letters (see writing and dip pen).

There is some black sheen.

Behavior of the ink is good, like most Robert Oster inks, and especially the use with dip pen and for calligraphy is excellent, as expected for an Art ink  :)

The chromo shows three colors, 2 of them very distinct. Closest thing to the chromo is Shaeffer Skrip Red, but this red is far more brighter.

I like the color and behavior of the ink, not only for art but also for writing.

Sponsored Content

#2 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,081 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 13:04

fpn_1510748749__robert_oster_red_clay.jp

#3 migo984

migo984

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 14:23

Thanks for your review.

I'm not a fan of most Oster red inks but I really enjoy Clay Red, in particular the very attractive shading. It's seems less dry from the pen than his other red inks.

Edited by migo984, 15 November 2017 - 14:24.

Verba volant, scripta manent

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,567 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 16:25

Not a red I like, but thanks for the review (seeing inks I don't want is way better for my budget than the ones for which I go "OOOOH...").  :rolleyes: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 Jan2016

Jan2016

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,081 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 19:00

I recognize that feeling....  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: robert oster, signature, inkart, red, review, calligraphy, sakura, clay red

Sponsored Content

|