The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Parker 45 Aerometric

removal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 outtolunchatty

outtolunchatty

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:19

Hi to all,,,is it possible to remove a parker 45 aerometric filller and use a cartridge istead? thanks bob

Sponsored Content

#2 bsenn

bsenn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:52

Yes, it's not really an aerometric filler, it's a converter. 45's can use a converter (any Parker converter including squeeze, slide, or screw) or cartridges. Just pull the converter straight off the section.

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

#3 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:04

In fact Parker 45 was first cartridge and converter filler fountain pen marketed a big scale by Parker Pen Co.

:thumbup:

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,738 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:19

I'll admit that I'd rather use the squeeze converter than the more modern style converters or cartridges in my 45s.  But I'm weird that way....  :rolleyes: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 vicpen123

vicpen123

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:54

What a pen. Not only does the design allow for rapid and easy nib changes and simple disassembly of the feed and the nib for cleaning, but also has four filling and ink storage options - squeeze, slide or screw converters and cartridge. And all of them work admirably well. The Parker 75 and Sonnet have similar flexibility.

I wonder if there are any other manufacturers' fountain pens offer such flexibility.

#6 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,407 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:22

+1 The Parker 65 has the same features and is another great pen.

What a pen. Not only does the design allow for rapid and easy nib changes and simple disassembly of the feed and the nib for cleaning, but also has four filling and ink storage options - squeeze, slide or screw converters and cartridge. And all of them work admirably well. The Parker 75 and Sonnet have similar flexibility.

I wonder if there are any other manufacturers' fountain pens offer such flexibility.

Edited by OCArt, 15 November 2017 - 04:22.

#7 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:26

I find these pens to work better with a cartridge.  Ditto the 75 and the Sonnet.  These pens might be versatile, but the 51 still works better, even with its old design

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#8 PaulS

PaulS

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:12

As already commented, the name derives apparently from the fact that it was designed specifically for a 'cartridge' - the inspiration being the famous handgun and its cartridge.

#9 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,103 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 17:09

Gotta love the 45 for a great reliable pen! Love my Flighter version!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: removal

Sponsored Content

|