Montblanc's Generosity

Pravda

We have recently encountered here on FPN stories about how Montblanc has 'dropped the ball' so to speak, regarding customer service and their attention towards their clients.

I wanted to share with you an example of instances where Montblanc also goes 'over and beyond' to make us happy :)

I visited the boutique earlier today to inquire why a pen sent to Hamburg has been there for 3 weeks. I know, the timespan is nothing- but I got used to their 1-2 week turnaround they've been spoiling me with.

They assured me that the piece is being followed up by the Boutique Manager with emails and they sent me home with these:

fpn_1510660597__img_0066.jpg

fpn_1510660627__img_0069.jpg

- 3 leather bound notebooks

- 1 wooden and glass collector's box for 10 pens

- 2 watch leather cases embossed with my wife's initials and mine

As a follow up gifts from the recent previous event and as a token of my affairs are being attended to as they should, I know of no other brand that has pleased me more or brought a broader smile to my face.

Thank you Montblanc.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• Tom Kellie

• pwsuba

• Chrissy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ Pravda:

That's about as good as it gets.

Beautiful goods, monogrammed, no less.

Having experienced comparable treatment in past years by Montblanc China in Beijing, I recognize his as being Montblanc's approach.

Thank you for sharing these excellent photos, which are exceptionally clear and vivid. From a smart phone?

Like you, I do appreciate Montblanc's style.

I hope that your pen away in Hamburg will return to Dubai in the near future.

Tom K.

I am frankly jealous. I’d be happy to simply get back a functional pen from MBNA with clear and timely communication.

Thats a great story but I wonder if the boutique managers response was influenced by you being a high value customer (is the pen in question a LE?). Im curious if a less well known and less frequent customer would receive the same treatment. I wish I could volunteer for an experiment but wont be near Dubai anytime soon.

Lucky Pravda :) I'm sure I want have this luck when I will get back my JFK fountain pen and correct box that are at MB since May... I can't understand how it is possible to have so much difference of customer service between countries for the same brand. Of course you are a really regular customer so it is normal to be sometime rewarded but I'm not so bad client according to my means and what I bought last year...

That is the reason I'm so afraid to send my Leonardo FP to MB to check the pen and nibs when I see after 6 months MB is still unable to send me back the box of my pens with the correct number on it...

I am glad you have had such positive experiences and shared them with the group.

I would still separate, and do for my own experiences, the boutique staff from the service staff. My local boutique staff have gotten better recently, but the service staff in North America have been poor in terms of communication and work quality this year.

Looks like you have a wonderful relationship with your boutique that is well earned and rewarding. Count me amount the envious! :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thats a great story but I wonder if the boutique managers response was influenced by you being a high value customer (is the pen in question a LE?). Im curious if a less well known and less frequent customer would receive the same treatment. I wish I could volunteer for an experiment but wont be near Dubai anytime soon.

I believe that it is really not about the value of the items, but rather the rapport one establishes with the house itself. That is, if you open topics/conversations with the personnel or discuss interesting tidbits about the brand showing your enthusiasm etc.

Of course, no passerby will receive the same service as a regular customer- but that doesn't mean that regular customers have to be big spenders. It is the same everywhere.

Lucky Pravda :) I'm sure I want have this luck when I will get back my JFK fountain pen and correct box that are at MB since May... I can't understand how it is possible to have so much difference of customer service between countries for the same brand. Of course you are a really regular customer so it is normal to be sometime rewarded but I'm not so bad client according to my means and what I bought last year...

That is the reason I'm so afraid to send my Leonardo FP to MB to check the pen and nibs when I see after 6 months MB is still unable to send me back the box of my pens with the correct number on it...

I had earlier voiced a concern of service differential for big brands, whereas it varies from directly owned boutiques vs franchised ones. Third party (department stores) would even be a tier less than them. The issue is that one wouldn't even know what entity he is dealing with, unless he inquires or investigates.

I believe the maxim is that if you are in a tiny market, odds are its franchised. If medium sized, then its directly owned and if huge market then the major cities could have a mix of this and that. Montblanc naturally cannot own and run every store in the continental U.S or Europe etc.

While I haven't received anything nearly as extravagant as those gifts, I did receive the matching ink with my exupéry, and at a later visit when I was picking up some other inks a 149 leather bound sketch book.

As Pravda said, I believe that the enthusiasm for the products and the general demeanor you show goes a long way. I also make it a point to deal with the same person at my local boutique.

I'm pleased to see that Montblanc sent you home with such a lot of goodies due to their delay in returning your pen. You must have a good boutique. :)

As Pravda said, I believe that the enthusiasm for the products and the general demeanor you show goes a long way. I also make it a point to deal with the same person at my local boutique.

~ pwsuba:

Likewise.

Thank you for mentioning that.

It reinforces loyalty and brand appreciation.

Tom K.

I can't understand how it is possible to have so much difference of customer service between countries for the same brand.

It has also to do with cultural habits: Montblanc understood well the importance of gifts in that part of the world, as well as in some other countries in Asia.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

I am frankly jealous. I’d be happy to simply get back a functional pen from MBNA with clear and timely communication.

+1

The problem with the boutique system is obvious in larger countries where buyers like me would have to drive a distance equivalent to the breadth of smaller countries simply to reach a boutique. That precludes building a relationship at all.

In the time I’ve been posting on this board, many of the U.S. dealers like Chuck Swisher who sold MBs have gone out of business. Every single MB I’ve ever owned was bought on line.

The problem with the boutique system is obvious in larger countries where buyers like me would have to drive a distance equivalent to the breadth of smaller countries simply to reach a boutique. That precludes building a relationship at all.

In the time I’ve been posting on this board, many of the U.S. dealers like Chuck Swisher who sold MBs have gone out of business. Every single MB I’ve ever owned was bought on line.

~ Ghost Plane:

Please pardon this question, but may I ask about how many hours away is the nearest Montblanc boutique?

I ask to get a sense of what's involved in visiting a boutique.

Tom K.

Very generous !

I have found MB customer service exceptional.

Only yesterday this gentleman spared an hour of his day to discuss present and future MB items with me whilst i waited to have a nib swapped <1906 Heritage> and new replacement alligator strap on my Nicolas Rieussec.

MB_MD.jpg

A couple months ago MB invited my wife and I interstate to attend their Timewalker launch at a prestigious restaurant, including flights, accommodation and also a small bag of goodies. Very fortunate indeed!

MB_timewalker.jpg

Edited by Nathanb

~ Ghost Plane:

Please pardon this question, but may I ask about how many hours away is the nearest Montblanc boutique?

I ask to get a sense of what's involved in visiting a boutique.

Tom K.

My closest one is abt 8 hrs of Interstate driving, almost 500 miles.

My closest one is abt 8 hrs of Interstate driving, almost 500 miles.

~ ca49reber:

Where?

In Chicago? Elsewhere?

That's a daunting drive on an Interstate.

Tom K.

Very generous !

I have found MB customer service exceptional.

Only yesterday this gentleman spared an hour of his day to discuss present and future MB items with me whilst i waited to have a nib swapped <1906 Heritage> and new replacement alligator strap on my Nicolas Rieussec.

A couple months ago MB invited my wife and I interstate to attend their Timewalker launch at a prestigious restaurant, including flights, accommodation and also a small bag of goodies. Very fortunate indeed!

~ Nathanb:

Thank you for the delightful post.

It's great to know of such superb service.

The Managing Director in Melbourne deserves praise for his considerate assistance to you.

What a terrific launch dinner! I'm so glad to know about that.

Tom K.

I believe that it is really not about the value of the items, but rather the rapport one establishes with the house itself. That is, if you open topics/conversations with the personnel or discuss interesting tidbits about the brand showing your enthusiasm etc.

Of course, no passerby will receive the same service as a regular customer- but that doesn't mean that regular customers have to be big spenders. It is the same everywhere.

I agree with you about the rapport that one establishes with personnel.

When I bought my pen in Orlando, I was given a free bottle of Saint Exupéry ink as well as one of their demo writing pads in the faux leather folder, a leather bookmark, some postcards, writing paper and envelopes. And that was a boutique that I had never been inside before, so I had no special relationship with them.

However, I do have a regular 'go to' Montblanc associate in my local boutique, who also holidays in Florida, and we have both discussed where we stay when we go there. He phoned me up after our return home to check if we were OK because he knew we might be there at the same time as the hurricane arrived.