The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Color Would You Like To See On The Safari?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 FlippyThePen

FlippyThePen

Tensai

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:29

I was thinking today that I would absolutely love a dove grey safari (Me being a grey lover and all that.) What do you think? A light pink? Perhaps a tinted Vista?

Josh

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of the truth

-Albert Einstein

Cheers before jeers!

-FlippyThePen

Sponsored Content

#2 chravagni

chravagni

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 15:47

Oh yes. Some Vistas like transparent blue, transparent green and so on. Maybe four: all the primary colors plus green. All transparent. Such a beauty.
Chiara

#3 pseudo88

pseudo88

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 17:15

Transparent inner cap Vista... Dove grey sounds nice too, perhaps with off white accents / clip.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#4 LizEF

LizEF

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,179 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 17:25

It's named Safari.  What does one see on safari?  I think we need cheetah, leopard, and giraffe spots, and tiger and zebra stripes, and maybe something like these guys' faces:

gamesb.jpg

Maybe a ring-tail lemur version:

Lemur.jpg

:P

#5 MKeith

MKeith

"A man's got to know his limitations"

• Member - Gold

• 845 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 17:29

Dove Grey would be a nice color for a Safari. i would also like a matte coffee brown Safari added.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,239 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 19:51

I'd like to maybe see green.  Not the horrid lime green that Lamy seems so inordinately fond of, and not a blue-y green like Petrol: more of a dark green.  Or navy blue.  The brown does sound nice, but everyone seems to be doing brown pens these days....  Dove grey also sounds nice....

Or for them to re-release the French Blue....  I saw one at the Toys in the Attic table at OPS (with the red clip), only it was a rollerball....  :crybaby: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#7 Intensity

Intensity

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 23:40

I want to see some pearl/iridescent options in matte finish.  I don't mean glitter or metallic swirl, just some well-mixed metallic component.  Something with a soft sheen toward anodized sandblasted aluminum.

Personally I don't like the glossy plastic safari at all, but the matte finish looks great.  My color wishes are:

- A matte texture creamy medium gray with purple/lilac undertone with silver accents

- A matte texture turquoise that's similar to Tiffany Blue but just a touch more blue, less green; with a black clip, black accents and black nib:

7baea937b07fc390496ee0e4d0c40865--tropic

- A full smoke gray Lamy Vista (the same transparent gray plastic as is used on Lamy Al-Star section)

#8 alwayssunnyalwaysreal

alwayssunnyalwaysreal

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:12

Matte but bright orange with silver coloured clip, or matte racing green with silver coloured clip.

Selling part of my pen collection: https://alwayssunnya...s.com/for-sale/

Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (store exclusive)

Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Rosé | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech

Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium

Pilot Prera - Light Blue (SOLD) | Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | ystudio Portable Brassing (SOLD) | AND MORE!

#9 FlippyThePen

FlippyThePen

Tensai

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 22:50

Dove Grey would be a nice color for a Safari. i would also like a matte coffee brown Safari added.

Yes, I would love a brown!  Lamy released the Line X Lamy safari a while back, but those are too hard to find and are pretty expensive.

-Albert Einstein

Cheers before jeers!

-FlippyThePen

#10 FlippyThePen

FlippyThePen

Tensai

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 22:51

I want to see some pearl/iridescent options in matte finish.  I don't mean glitter or metallic swirl, just some well-mixed metallic component.  Something with a soft sheen toward anodized sandblasted aluminum.

Personally I don't like the glossy plastic safari at all, but the matte finish looks great.  My color wishes are:

- A matte texture creamy medium gray with purple/lilac undertone with silver accents

- A matte texture turquoise that's similar to Tiffany Blue but just a touch more blue, less green; with a black clip, black accents and black nib:

7baea937b07fc390496ee0e4d0c40865--tropic

- A full smoke gray Lamy Vista (the same transparent gray plastic as is used on Lamy Al-Star section)

Smoke gray?  Sounds cool!

-Albert Einstein

Cheers before jeers!

-FlippyThePen

#11 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 00:24

Hi Josh,

Actually, there was a light gray Safari made a long while ago as a LE; there was also a chocolate brown one... available only in S. Korea as a LE, (it was a tie-in with another company I do not recall).

My choice for a Safari would be the matte finish in Forest Green, (I guess similar to Ruth's suggestion), or a deep red/light burgundy.

- Anthony
With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#12 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 00:26

Just to follow-up, Intensity's suggestion of a matte Tiffany Turquoise is also interesting. :)

- A.C.
With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#13 Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude

Blank Starer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 00:52

anything retro colors! Also matte baby pink and blue!

And i would like to see Lamy sell clips so we can exchange/choose what colors clip goes on which color pen.
People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

#14 bogiesan

bogiesan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 962 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 14:10

Fluorescent orange.
I have the Pico in fluro. Can always find it in the man bag.
I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

#15 Mister5

Mister5

Blue Black

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 15:15

Yes, I would love a brown!  Lamy released the Line X Lamy safari a while back, but those are too hard to find and are pretty expensive.

Ditto. I'm not a collector but I'd get one... I can't justify getting o e at the second hand prices. There are even knockoffs of the brown.

An Ivory/Creme Safari might pique my interest too.

Inked:  Sheaffers Imperial IV (Pelikan Tanzanite); Platinum Balance Blue F (Platinum Blue Black); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black);  Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black); Pelikan Twist Bronze M (Pelikan Blue). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

#16 Nosferatualso

Nosferatualso

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2017 - 15:44

Would love a matte brown or a reissue of the matte grey

#17 FlippyThePen

FlippyThePen

Tensai

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 23:47

Hi Josh,

Actually, there was a light gray Safari made a long while ago as a LE; there was also a chocolate brown one... available only in S. Korea as a LE, (it was a tie-in with another company I do not recall).

My choice for a Safari would be the matte finish in Forest Green, (I guess similar to Ruth's suggestion), or a deep red/light burgundy.

- Anthony

Hello, Parker Duofold

Yes, I have been looking at that gray.  However, I always thought it was a matte gray, and unfortunately, I don't like the matte colors on the Safari. :(

I was looking at that brown model!   :lol:  I remember wanting it pretty badly, only to find that it was nowhere I looked online  :angry:   It was the Lamy X Line collaboration.  Too bad it was too late.

anything retro colors! Also matte baby pink and blue!

And i would like to see Lamy sell clips so we can exchange/choose what colors clip goes on which color pen.

Matte blue sounds great!  Though I don't like matte, I could see that being a good combination.

-Albert Einstein

Cheers before jeers!

-FlippyThePen

#18 jchch1950

jchch1950

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:09

Brown .

#19 benbot517

benbot517

A Dapper Chap

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:58

Purp- oh wait, they actually did that :D
Maybe a really dark red. That might be nice. If it had a matte finish it would be even better.

"Oh deer."

#20 Astron

Astron

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:03

Interestingly Lamy hasn't announced any new color for the Safari in 2018 so far. Nor the AL-Star.

❦ You do not need glasses if you can't read this. Seriously. Who could read this?

Sponsored Content

|