What Color Would You Like To See On The Safari?

Flippy

I was thinking today that I would absolutely love a dove grey safari (Me being a grey lover and all that.) What do you think? A light pink? Perhaps a tinted Vista?

Josh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flippy

• ParkerDuofold

• Astronymus

• jchch1950

Oh yes. Some Vistas like transparent blue, transparent green and so on. Maybe four: all the primary colors plus green. All transparent. Such a beauty.

Chiara

Transparent inner cap Vista... Dove grey sounds nice too, perhaps with off white accents / clip.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

It's named Safari. What does one see on safari? I think we need cheetah, leopard, and giraffe spots, and tiger and zebra stripes, and maybe something like these guys' faces:

http://www.bonasafari.com/files/animalgall/gamesb.jpg

Maybe a ring-tail lemur version:

http://www.lionsafari.com/fpngallery/Lemur.jpg

:P

Dove Grey would be a nice color for a Safari. i would also like a matte coffee brown Safari added.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

I'd like to maybe see green. Not the horrid lime green that Lamy seems so inordinately fond of, and not a blue-y green like Petrol: more of a dark green. Or navy blue. The brown does sound nice, but everyone seems to be doing brown pens these days.... Dove grey also sounds nice....

Or for them to re-release the French Blue.... I saw one at the Toys in the Attic table at OPS (with the red clip), only it was a rollerball.... :crybaby:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I want to see some pearl/iridescent options in matte finish. I don't mean glitter or metallic swirl, just some well-mixed metallic component. Something with a soft sheen toward anodized sandblasted aluminum.

Personally I don't like the glossy plastic safari at all, but the matte finish looks great. My color wishes are:

- A matte texture creamy medium gray with purple/lilac undertone with silver accents

- A matte texture turquoise that's similar to Tiffany Blue but just a touch more blue, less green; with a black clip, black accents and black nib:

7baea937b07fc390496ee0e4d0c40865--tropic

- A full smoke gray Lamy Vista (the same transparent gray plastic as is used on Lamy Al-Star section)

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Matte but bright orange with silver coloured clip, or matte racing green with silver coloured clip.

Selling part of my pen and ink collection: https://alwayssunnyalwaysreal.wordpress.com/for-sale/

Aurora Optima Mare | Diplomat Aero (SOLD) | Diplomat Excellence A Skyline (SOLD) | Faber-Castell E-Motion Pure Black (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Model 20 Translucent Bronze (SOLD) | Franklin-Christoph Pocket 66 Antique Glass (SOLD)

Graf von Faber-Castell Classic Grenadilla (SOLD) | Graf von Faber-Castell Tamitio Black/Rosé (SOLD) | Karas Kustoms Ink Red Aluminum (SOLD) | Lamy 2000 (SOLD) | Lamy AL-star CopperOrange | Lamy Scala Dark Violet | Lamy Scala Glacier | Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico Marrakech (SOLD) | Omas Ogiva Alba Green

Parker IM Midnight Astral | Pelikan Classic M120 Iconic Blue | Pelikan Classic M200 Demonstrator | Pelikan Classic M200 Green-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Classic M205 Blue-Marbled (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Black-Green/Black-Red/Tortoiseshell-White (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M400 Tortsoiseshell-White | Pelikan Souverän M405 Black-Blue-Silver (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M600 Violet-White | Pelikan Souverän M605 Solid Dark Blue | Pelikan Souverän M805 Stresemann (SOLD) | Pelikan Souverän M1000 Black-Green (SOLD) | Pilot Falcon Black/Rhodium (SOLD)

Pilot Vanishing Point Blue Carbonesque (SOLD) | Platinum 3776 Century Nice Pur | Sailor 1911L Anchor Gray/Fresca Blue/Key Lime/Royal Tangerine/Stormy Sea (SOLD) | Sailor 1911S Color Blue (SOLD) | Sailor Professional Gear Slim Four Seasons Yukitsubaki Snow Camellia (SOLD) | TWSBI ECO Transparent Green | TWSBI ECO Transparent Yellow | TWSBI Diamond 580AL Blue/Lava Orange (SOLD) | TWSBI Vac 700 (SOLD) | Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi (SOLD) | Visconti Van Gogh Sunflowers (SOLD) | Waterman Carène Ombres et Lumières | AND MORE!

Dove Grey would be a nice color for a Safari. i would also like a matte coffee brown Safari added.

Yes, I would love a brown! Lamy released the Line X Lamy safari a while back, but those are too hard to find and are pretty expensive.

I want to see some pearl/iridescent options in matte finish. I don't mean glitter or metallic swirl, just some well-mixed metallic component. Something with a soft sheen toward anodized sandblasted aluminum.

Personally I don't like the glossy plastic safari at all, but the matte finish looks great. My color wishes are:

- A matte texture creamy medium gray with purple/lilac undertone with silver accents

- A matte texture turquoise that's similar to Tiffany Blue but just a touch more blue, less green; with a black clip, black accents and black nib:

7baea937b07fc390496ee0e4d0c40865--tropic

- A full smoke gray Lamy Vista (the same transparent gray plastic as is used on Lamy Al-Star section)

Smoke gray? Sounds cool!

Hi Josh,

Actually, there was a light gray Safari made a long while ago as a LE; there was also a chocolate brown one... available only in S. Korea as a LE, (it was a tie-in with another company I do not recall).

My choice for a Safari would be the matte finish in Forest Green, (I guess similar to Ruth's suggestion), or a deep red/light burgundy.

- Anthony

Just to follow-up, Intensity's suggestion of a matte Tiffany Turquoise is also interesting. :)

- A.C.

anything retro colors! Also matte baby pink and blue!

And i would like to see Lamy sell clips so we can exchange/choose what colors clip goes on which color pen.

People who know my name, dont know my work. People who know my work, dont know my name.

Fluorescent orange.

I have the Pico in fluro. Can always find it in the man bag.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

Yes, I would love a brown! Lamy released the Line X Lamy safari a while back, but those are too hard to find and are pretty expensive.

Ditto. I'm not a collector but I'd get one... I can't justify getting o e at the second hand prices. There are even knockoffs of the brown.

An Ivory/Creme Safari might pique my interest too.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Hi Josh,

Actually, there was a light gray Safari made a long while ago as a LE; there was also a chocolate brown one... available only in S. Korea as a LE, (it was a tie-in with another company I do not recall).

My choice for a Safari would be the matte finish in Forest Green, (I guess similar to Ruth's suggestion), or a deep red/light burgundy.

- Anthony

Hello, Parker Duofold

Yes, I have been looking at that gray. However, I always thought it was a matte gray, and unfortunately, I don't like the matte colors on the Safari. :(

I was looking at that brown model! :lol: I remember wanting it pretty badly, only to find that it was nowhere I looked online :angry: It was the Lamy X Line collaboration. Too bad it was too late.

anything retro colors! Also matte baby pink and blue!

And i would like to see Lamy sell clips so we can exchange/choose what colors clip goes on which color pen.

Matte blue sounds great! Though I don't like matte, I could see that being a good combination.

Purp- oh wait, they actually did that :D

Maybe a really dark red. That might be nice. If it had a matte finish it would be even better.

"Oh deer."

Interestingly Lamy hasn't announced any new color for the Safari in 2018 so far. Nor the AL-Star.