Cursive Logic Workbook Actually Works..

calvin_0

I pick this up around a month ago and I been spending roughly a week per chapter, around 10-20 mins per day. The lessons is very easy to understand, making learning very easy.. and you learn in group of letters instead of learning the alphabet one by one, speeding the learning time further.

The only downside is, the book kinda treat you like a children from time to time... so i'm guessing that this book is design for children..

lClPH7a.jpg

as they said, word are wind.. soo...

MBZZqNk.jpg

yeah, my writing still sucks and my writing speed is in snail pace because i have to think about how to spell a word before i can write it.... so hopefully it'll improve with practice.

So to anyone who want to pick up cursive, pick up Cursive Logic Workbook.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin_0

• Morphling27

• TheRealMikeDr

• Needhelp

Top Posters In This Topic

Your handwriting is neat and very readable.

I believe the book was written by a schoolteacher, which would somewhat explain the child-friendly tone. I picked up a copy myself after seeing it in a video (I think it was a Brian Goulet vid), but I never actually got around to using it. Maybe someday.

Edited by SoulSamurai

The book is geared towards kids. A couple of years ago the woman behind it (IIRC) gave a talk about the program at the DC pen show. If it's the system I'm thinking of, it used colored markers as a mnemonic for letters that are similar (for instance, letters which have descenders use one color).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Congratulations! Your writing doesn't look much worse than mine and I've been doing it for 45 years!!

Nice! Your handwriting looks good but it will look nicer with a fountain pen but not necessarily a stub nib. With a stub nib, my handwriting looks awful and not legible and I don't really enjoy them as much as round nibs.

If you've never written in cursive or haven't in years, yours looks very good from a short study time. Proof you care about your writing and proof the book works as advertised.

I got a copy a while back to help improve my writing, I did learn in school and kept at it, but until fountain pens I never bothered to make it legible. What fountain pens and studying helped me do, as you've mastered, was make my writing the same size and even across a page. Those both go a long way to make writing look much nicer, even if your individual letters aren't at master writer level.

The upper case letters can be different and again just take time. Some are just big versions of the lower case - then you have Q which is bizarre looking even today to me. It'll all come together.

Edit:

The system was designed for kids as others said. It's done by a teacher! And honestly, looking through it, I don't mind the lessons being laid out in such a way. Sometimes it's good to have stuff put in a basic way to learn it.

Edited by Morphling27

If you've never written in cursive or haven't in years, yours looks very good from a short study time. Proof you care about your writing and proof the book works as advertised.

The upper case letters can be different and again just take time. Some are just big versions of the lower case - then you have Q which is bizarre looking even today to me. It'll all come together.

yeah, i come from place where they dont teach cursive even at college level.. i did however pick up a writing system that is similar to cursive because i have to write really fast, but it's not actual cursive cause the letters dont connect as smoothly..

well I did take a quick look at the capital letters, they dont look any odder then the small letters.. the cursive q, s, r and z look really weird.. especially s and z.. i basically replace the cursive s with my version of s because my brain dont really process it as s.. and i'm ditching z as well, once i figure out how to connect it properly..

also, even if this book is design for children, i cant really argue with the result.. the system works wonderfully..

Edited by calvin_0