The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jinhao X250

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Nosferatualso

Nosferatualso

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:07

Hi I have a fondness for these rather glitzy pens. Especially the gold and silver. I lost mine yesterday and went to replace it and ended up paying £10 and learning that they were almost sold out. Does anyone know if they are still being made?

Sponsored Content

#2 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:38

Plenty for sale on ebay at £2.50 including postage.

How many people does it take to comment on a question on FPN? One to give advice and make suggestions. Another one to repeat everything that the first poster has said. Fourteen to share their own experiences of their pens and comment on how the original advice was flawed.
Seven who just want to increase their post count. One to say that they have no regrets about doing anything and people should follow their example. Another to say that if there is anything wrong with the pen it is just down to using Diamine Shimmer ink. Six to argue over whether its a worth doing anything with it and the OP should just throw it away and buy their Parker 51. Another six to condemn all of the above as being  stupid and anyway they would rather be on FP Geeks. One to say that the pen is cheaper where they live. Five people to post pics of their own pens. One to say that if the OP had Faith then the pen would work - and gets banned very quickly.

Finally, one to close down the thread because it has lost its way.

#3 mke

mke

Where are all the Sheaffer NoNonsense Marble Blue and Green?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:50

silver&gold  2.02 USD including free shipping:    https://www.aliexpre...2823873593.html

other colors: https://www.aliexpre...Text=Jinhao 250

Edited by mke, 12 November 2017 - 11:57.

#4 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,131 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2017 - 21:09

I have several of the red marble ones.  I think the smaller nib and feed makes it easier for the converter to keep up with the ink flow.  I like the way they write.  I got several of mine from Ebay.  Tey are still available there.  Also, the Jinhao 500 is the essentially the same pen with a slightly fatter body.  

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#5 Nosferatualso

Nosferatualso

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:05

Thank you for that. I agree that they write really smoothly. I have swapped the nib on one with a nib from xfountainpens

#6 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:49

God Bless you for buying my favourite brand of affordable fountain pens which I advertise incessantly,you wontget a better pen anywhere for the price that Jinhao sells them for they make Baoer too isn't that great! I would
like you to treat yourself to the best pen which is sometimes a little dearer it is the Abalone one number 8802
on e-bay I have 3 of them I like them so much and trust me you will tooooooooooooooooo Trust me Oneill

#7 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:53

Question: can anybody give me Ian the jocks email address so that I can send him the photos of all of my JINHAOS I don't know any other way,Trust Me, oneill

#8 Ian the Jock

Ian the Jock

Education is important...But fountain pens are importanter

• Member - Gold

• 1,449 posts
  • Location:Cumbernauld (Numb n cauld), West Central Scotland (the cold damp bit)
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:53

Oniell I'll send you a personal message shortly, when I get to my laptop.

Ian

It’s a well kent fact that Scotland (The Land Of The Rising Water) has the most beautiful, picturesque, colourful, history laden landscape in the world.

It’s just a shame that you can only look at it through a rain soaked car window.

Every cloud though,  If there was no rain, there’d be no RAINBOWS.

My top tip:-

If you are walking the dog through mountain bike country.....don't wear headphones.

#9 frankb3

frankb3

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:18

Jinhao 250 is one of the most under-rated pens around.  This one is pretty trick looking:

https://www.aliexpre...2806241529.html

#10 Proto

Proto

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 22:06

Jinhao 250 is one of the most under-rated pens around.  This one is pretty trick looking:

https://www.aliexpre...2806241529.html

That blue is mesmerizing!

#11 JaysonHarrington

JaysonHarrington

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 20:36

I just ordered my first ones, a four pack on Amazon for $10.00,.. With the Spencerian book and work sheets for $15.00 It got me free shipping... I am looking for word to trying them out... 

#12 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 21:48

Ian

Ian

I will be waiting for it,I am delighted to read that you played The Game of all Games, it has
been my life I am glad to say, I hope you got as much pleasure out of it as I did,I recently was
informed that I played a Major part in the Womens game here because My Daughter Angela  way back  I think in 75 arrived home from Adelaide Uni and said we are starting a Ladies Team and I have put your name down as Coach and we are going to form a League,Since then of course Australia
have Beaten Brazil 3-0 and China the same,so at the moment they appear to be the Best in the
World.But I think some of them are MEN.Dont Tell anybody!!!! when picking the girls for places I noticed that Angela wanted the Ball more than anybody so where did she play, IN Goal and she
was very good at it,regards. The Thing I am most glad to say is that I have Never Ever
received payment for playing that would have spoilt it for ME.
payment for
Money
for playing football

Edited by oneill, 07 December 2017 - 22:00.

#13 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 21:54

Ian and I would both agree with you because we are Jinhao and Baoer LOVERS, Oneill

#14 oneill

oneill

RETIRED MAGISTRATE

• Member - Gold

• 801 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 December 2017 - 22:01

Ian

Don't send a Message SEND MONEY !!!!! oneill

#15 JaysonHarrington

JaysonHarrington

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Bronze+

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 December 2017 - 20:01

I just a four pack from Amazon for $10 us... My first 'China' pens...

#16 GreenFuzzer

GreenFuzzer

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 05:35

God Bless you for buying my favourite brand of affordable fountain pens which I advertise incessantly,you wontget a better pen anywhere for the price that Jinhao sells them for they make Baoer too isn't that great! I would
like you to treat yourself to the best pen which is sometimes a little dearer it is the Abalone one number 8802
on e-bay I have 3 of them I like them so much and trust me you will tooooooooooooooooo Trust me Oneill

I just started my FP obsession in August, my first one was a Jinhao x750 in silver, followed shortly after by the same in blue marble and red lava. The x750 in shimmering sands and 2 of the 159s are wrapped up waiting for me.  :rolleyes: I have a lot more Jinhao on my wish list but will wait until after Christmas in case someone else buys my some.  :D Now, thanks to you, I need too look for Abalone 8802. Since it sounds like you are a Jinhao junkie too would you know where I can find pictures of all the various Jinhaos that have been made? Thanks for mentioning the Abalone.

Sponsored Content

|