The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Info, Please.... Looks Like A C/f; Tag Says "laque Veritable"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 18:10

I'm thrilled with the newest addition to my collection -- I have such a soft spot for these C/F pens.  But I'm a little confused....  It looks like a C/F, but the tag says "Laque Veritable".  Is that the model?  I'd love more information about this beauty!

Thanks.

fpn_1510337279__20171110_110621_resized_

Ink samples to trade:  Levenger (Smokey, Blue Bahama, Always Greener, Skies of Blue, Fireball, Pinkly, Gemstone Green, Cobalt Blue, Raven Black, Cardinal Red, Cocoa, Amethyst); J. Herbin (Lie de The, Emerald de Chivor, Storm Grey, Rouge Hematite); Diamine (Purple Pazzazz, Bilberry, Ancient Copper, Blue Black, Indigo, and Damson); Sailor (Tokiwa-matsu, Souten); and Chesterfield (Antique Yankee, Night Sapphire, Antique Raven, Antique Walnut, Archival Black, Antique Jade)

Looking for: surprise me!

Sponsored Content

#2 Force

Force

Fergus 1998-2015

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2017 - 19:04

I think it's definitely a CF and Laque Veritable = genuine lacquer which it may well have.

#3 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 20:37

Thanks, Force.  I knew that "Laque" was laquer, but I wasn't sure if "Veritable" was a model of French for true/real.  I appreciate the help.

Ink samples to trade:  Levenger (Smokey, Blue Bahama, Always Greener, Skies of Blue, Fireball, Pinkly, Gemstone Green, Cobalt Blue, Raven Black, Cardinal Red, Cocoa, Amethyst); J. Herbin (Lie de The, Emerald de Chivor, Storm Grey, Rouge Hematite); Diamine (Purple Pazzazz, Bilberry, Ancient Copper, Blue Black, Indigo, and Damson); Sailor (Tokiwa-matsu, Souten); and Chesterfield (Antique Yankee, Night Sapphire, Antique Raven, Antique Walnut, Archival Black, Antique Jade)

#4 siamackz

siamackz

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:03

Yup looks like my CF. The plating at the sides of your pens nib looks in good condition (which is often a problem with this pen). Enjoy!

#5 Shannon

Shannon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 21:19

It's in absolutely perfect condition -- I'd say NOS.  I got lucky with this one.  It's a gorgeous pen.

#6 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 21:50

Nice!  :)  I've often considered buying one, but I always worry about that plating at the sides of the nib.  -_-

flying-letter-exc.png

Sponsored Content

|