The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Samples Of Kobe Ink Van Gogh Deep Blue And Deep Green

kobeink sailor

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:17

I got a follow-up order confirmation then a 3rd email with the estimated shipping cost. There doesn't seem to be any "accept" mechanism to respond with, just says my card won't be charged until the order ships but a pending charge for the amount in the email is now showing on my bank so I guess they're just going to ship it.

I chose the less expensive Small Parcel option and the total for both bottles plus tax and postage came out to 5555 yen, so $49 and change. That seems pretty reasonable.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Sponsored Content

#22 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:57

I got a follow-up order confirmation then a 3rd email with the estimated shipping cost. There doesn't seem to be any "accept" mechanism to respond with, just says my card won't be charged until the order ships but a pending charge for the amount in the email is now showing on my bank so I guess they're just going to ship it.

I chose the less expensive Small Parcel option and the total for both bottles plus tax and postage came out to 5555 yen, so $49 and change. That seems pretty reasonable.

I think that might even come out cheaper than buying them from 'cool-japan.' :huh:  Good deal. :)  I might even think about it.  :P

#23 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,268 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 13:39

Enablers! (Eyes her overworked credit card)

#24 LanceSaintPaul

LanceSaintPaul

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 17:46

Same here. Very reasonable shipping. 

#25 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,569 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:58

i'm enchanted by the blue-black look of the VG deep blue ink.

-rudy-

#26 LanceSaintPaul

LanceSaintPaul

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 November 2017 - 20:05

Both inks arrived today - exactly 10 days after I ordered them.

The process that was stated up front by Rakuten was not followed to the letter as I understood it - I was not given a chance to accept or reject the order upon being notified of the shipping charges - that didn't happen either. BUT shipping was very reasonable via Japan Post (1555 Yen = approximately $14 total) and the inks cost 2000 Yen per bottle ($18/bottle approximately).

Very friendly prices and fine service from Nagasawa Stationery Center. 

I won't hesitate to buy from them again.

Consider yourselves enabled. You're welcome.

Edited by LanceSaintPaul, 25 November 2017 - 20:07.

#27 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,887 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:42

Both inks arrived today - exactly 10 days after I ordered them.

I'm jealous. Not sure why, it's not like I'm going to rip open the package and immediately ink one up. Come to think of it, I do have a freshly flushed JIF laying around. Hmm.

But if you got yours, mine should arrive in a day or two.

ETA: Mine arrived today (Monday). Interesting to see they are a "set" - two boxes wrapped together in cellophane. I wonder if the store has to break them up to sell just one or the other or if they order both sets and individuals from Sailor.

Trying the blue in a JIF I flushed last week. Nice color, kind of a dark sky blue shading darker but not so dark you'd mistake it for black (like Miruai), it's still definitely blue. Will use it at work tonight; be interesting to see what it's like after sitting in the pen for a couple days.

Edited by chromantic, 28 November 2017 - 03:05.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#28 IndigoBOB

IndigoBOB

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2018 - 21:51

How is the water resistance of these two inks?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kobeink, sailor

Sponsored Content

|