• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LanceSaintPaul

• Chrissy

• chromantic

• migo984

I have both of these. They are both lovely rich colours and I'm especially enjoying the Deep Green.

The series of Kobe 'specials' has wonderful box designs. My favourites boxes are Renoir Pink, Monet Violet & Turner Café Brown.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Those inks look fantastic, but I'd buy them for the boxes alone :)

+1 for that. Especially after having just seen Loving Vincent a couple of days ago (the painting on the box for Deep Blue is brought to life as one of the characters (the Postman, and father of the protagonist, Armand).

So.... How hard are these inks to get in the US? (as my brain keeps yelling "Must not buy more ink, must not buy more ink...." :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Mr. Atsunori Tanaka, aka "Atsu, or Cool Japan" has sold these inks on his Ebay site, "cool-japan" & if they are not listed in his sale inventory, he often can sell them directly to you after contacting him @ his email address, "cooljapan21@gmail.com.

The dark green one is currently listed on his Ebay site @ $34.99, with free shipping, "buy it now," ending December 10.

(I just checked his site, again & found the dark blue also available, same price & ending also in December, so I would say they are both "easily available for purchase.")

Edited by Barkingpig

inkstaindedruth, wasn't Loving Vincent awesome? I really thought it was amazing. And yes, I'm a sucker and ordered the ink because of the name, even though the reviews seem to intimate that it's a nice ink, and you can always use ONE MORE BLUE INK, right?

Maybe its the way the color comes across on my laptop's screen, but the green doesn't look green to me. I don't know what I would call it, but not green. The blue at least looks blue.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Maybe its the way the color comes across on my laptop's screen, but the green doesn't look green to me. I don't know what I would call it, but not green. The blue at least looks blue.

I agree. It looks brown on my screen, but only on the swab. Inside the cap and the neck of the bottle it looks green

Mr. Atsunori Tanaka, aka "Atsu, or Cool Japan" has sold these inks on his Ebay site, "cool-japan" & if they are not listed in his sale inventory, he often can sell them directly to you after contacting him @ his email address, "cooljapan21@gmail.com.

The dark green one is currently listed on his Ebay site @ $34.99, with free shipping, "buy it now," ending December 10.

(I just checked his site, again & found the dark blue also available, same price & ending also in December, so I would say they are both "easily available for purchase.")

Thanks for the information. :)

I really like the blue ink, but I can no longer buy from Atsu.

It would not seem to matter @ the moment; I had marked both these inks on my "watch list" & noticed since posting the above information, they are both marked "out of stock" today. (The green sold yesterday & the last blue today; I hope they are enjoyed.)

Whew! Saved from budget killers!

Indeed. +1 for me too.

I do not come to bury your budgets, but to praise your color sense:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nagasawa/item/gogh-bl-4571411669972/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nagasawa/item/gogh-gr-4571411669989/

It would appear that with the shipping charge it will be about $25 per for the 2. I await the confirmation of exact shipping amount as well as, I hope, that it will ship via Japan EMS. If by a less scrupulous carrier I will likely cancel.

These at Nagasawa Japan, via Rakuten (which I have not used before this).

I will not be held responsible for the consequences of any enabling I do to others here. I will not say the same for any enabling done to me....

Edited by LanceSaintPaul

I do not come to bury your budgets, but to praise your color sense:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nagasawa/item/gogh-bl-4571411669972/

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nagasawa/item/gogh-gr-4571411669989/

It would appear that with the shipping charge it will be about $25 per for the 2. I await the confirmation of exact shipping amount as well as, I hope, that it will ship via Japan EMS. If by a less scrupulous carrier I will likely cancel.

These at Nagasawa Japan, via Rakuten (which I have not used before this).

I will not be held responsible for the consequences of any enabling I do to others here. I will not say the same for any enabling done to me....

I’ve bought often from Rakuten shops, with shipping to both U.K. and Australia, and have always been very happy with my online shopping experience. I have never been offered a “less scrupulous” carrier by any venders. Most will offer one of the variants of JapanPost. If available I usually opt for SAL shipping; cheaper than EMS and often it only takes a few days longer. EMS usually takes max 5 days to U.K./Aus; any delays have usually been due to hold ups in customs.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I’ve bought often from Rakuten shops, with shipping to both U.K. and Australia, and have always been very happy with my online shopping experience. I have never been offered a “less scrupulous” carrier by any venders. Most will offer one of the variants of JapanPost. If available I usually opt for SAL shipping; cheaper than EMS and often it only takes a few days longer. EMS usually takes max 5 days to U.K./Aus; any delays have usually been due to hold ups in customs.

Thanks for those data points.

As far as shipping is concerned I trust & have had positive experiences with Japan Post, EMS. I don't recall any use of SAL, but that's good to know.

It is the large shipping organizations who inappropriately feel free to add on unwarranted charges under the guise of customs charges/duty and then wait & see if the recipient will challenge them on their applicability; these I would decline.

Edited by LanceSaintPaul

Thanks for sharing these. They're both very nice colors and very tempting. I was going to pass because I don't need more inks atm but I thought, heck, why not - yolo, right?

One question - I got an order confirmation email, am I supposed to get another one telling me the shipping charges and I confirm that and then the order is actually placed?

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Thanks for sharing these. They're both very nice colors and very tempting. I was going to pass because I don't need more inks atm but I thought, heck, why not - yolo, right?

One question - I got an order confirmation email, am I supposed to get another one telling me the shipping charges and I confirm that and then the order is actually placed?

That is how I understand it. I placed my order last evening & still am waiting for the email with shipping charges. In fact I've been watching my email more closely than usual. When more happens, is known I will post an update. I did find a charge pending approval on my online CC account - it was more than the amount for the ink so I surmise it includes the shipping charges.

Edited by LanceSaintPaul